|T O P I C R E V I E W
||Posted - 06/16/2012 : 9:42:52 PM
Midlands Striper Club held its annual Striped Bass tournament to benefit SCDNR on June 16th. This tournament is our largest fundraising event of the year and allows us to assist SCDNR with efforts to promote and/or enhance the striped bass fisheries in our state. MSC has donated $32,300 to SCDNR as of 2011 and continue to support them in times of extreme budget cuts. Thanks to everyone that participated in the event and especially to those that collected sponsorships.
MSC had 86 anglers fishing 28 boats in the event. For most of the field catching fish was not a problem throughout the day, however, getting quality keepers seemed to challenge the best of anglers.
Congratulations to first place finisher in the MCS Benefit Open tournament Team Bait Hooked, Captain Rob Hedrick of Lincoln GA, his Robby Hedrick of Kings Mountain, NC, and his father David Hedrick of Bessemer, NC " with their 4 fish creel of 55 lbs 2 oz! Team Bait Hooked was also awarded the cash prize for the events largest Striped Bass at 23 lb 4 oz and awarded the second largest Striped Bass of the tournament with 16 lbs 8 oz Second place went to Team Gar-Hart, Captain Shawn Garheart , and Daniel Sullivan both from Lexington, SC with their 4 fish creel of 34 lbs 9 oz. Finishing third Team Jon Boy, Captain Harold Alewine and his wife Debbie Alewine of Rock Hill ,SC with their 4 fish creel of 30 lbs 0 oz. The Bait Hole donated $50 to be awarded to the youth angler weighing the largest fish. Taking the cash prize was youth angler Caleb Richardson of Swansea SC fishing with Team One Way.
MSC awarded $4000 in cash prizes for those in places 1-10 as well as 100% of the big fish pot to the two largest fish of the event. We have many sponsors to thank and that list will be compiled on our website under the "MSC SPONSOR" link. Please visit our sponsors and let them know we appreciate them. Without their support MSC would not be able to host these types of events that guarantee large cash payouts.
2012 MSC DNR OPEN RESULTS:
1. Team Bait Hooked 4 fish 55lbs 2ozs
2. Team Gar-Heart 4 fish 34lbs 9ozs
3. Team Jon Boy 4 fish 30lbs 0ozs
4. Team Landlocked 4 fish 29lbs 4ozs
5. Team Hiz Witness 4 fish 27lbs 9ozs
6. Team One Way 4 fish 25lbs 5ozs
7. Team Laid Back 4 fish 25lbs 4ozs
8. Team Catch 22 4 fish 24lbs 12ozs
9. Team Let 'em Live 4 fish 23lbs 4ozs
10. Team Pittcrew 4 fish 22lbs 9ozs
11. Team Four Reel 4 fish 21lbs 15ozs
12. Team Wildman 4 fish 21lbs 15ozs
13. Team Two Eyes Down 4 fish 19lbs 12ozs
14. Team Catchall 4 fish 19lbs 4ozs
15. Team Something Fishy 4 fish 18lbs 3ozs
16. Team Hammer Head 4 fish 17lbs 11ozs
17. Team Barely Tyme 3 fish 15lbs 10ozs
18. Team Next Time 3 fish 13lbs 5ozs
19. Team Cut Bait & Wait 2 fish 12lbs 4ozs
20. Team Overtime 2 fish 11lbs 9ozs
21. Team Reel Time 2 fish 11lbs 2ozs
22. Team Hardcore 1 fish 4lbs 14ozs
22. Team Stand & Wait 1 fish 4lbs 14ozs
23. Team Bout Time 1 fish 5lbs 0ozs
24. Team Reel Broke 1 fish 3lbs 9ozs
25. Team Striper Hyper 0 fish 0lbs 0ozs
25. Team Red Fin 0 fish 0lbs 0ozs
25. Team Nobody 0 fish 0lbs 0ozs
25. Team Po Boys 0 fish 0lbs 0ozs
let me know if you see any mistakes.
|3 L A T E S T R E P L I E S (Newest First)
||Posted - 06/20/2012 : 4:14:58 PM
Thanks Tom and Fog. I certainly know the feeling of being on fish and then suddenly struggling, See last September :( We went faith fishing and it worked out well for us. Trusted in a spot and it delivered. Hats off to Rob. I've never heard of a 4 fish Murray creel over 50 pounds. He deserved to take 1st, 2nd and 3rd with a day like that so I guess I'm glad we made out with what we did. His live release made the day all the more special. I love watching big fish swim away. It's about the only time I get to see any. LOL It was great to see so many 4 fish creels too. Congrats to all that were able to get on em. Hopefully we will continue to see these kinds of weighins.
||Posted - 06/20/2012 : 10:10:01 AM
Indeed! Congratulations to Rob and all our top finishers! A 4 fish limit of better than 50 pounds is exceptional for our lake.
For the 2nd straight year, our team's fish double crossed us for the DNR tournament. How do you go from 17 keepers on Thursday to struggling for just 1 on Saturday? I don't know.? Nonetheless, kudos to all who got 'em.
||Posted - 06/17/2012 : 11:26:33 AM
Awesome TX great event congrats to Rob Hedrick and his family what a fathers day for you guys WOW. Congrats also to Shawn and Danial, Jon Boy and Captain Debbie for there great finishes . It was a nice day on lake Murray Happy Fathers day to all the Dads in MSC , and everybody elses Dad.