b

c

d

e

f

g

CharlestonFishing.Com
CharlestonFishing.Com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Your Space
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 CharlestonFishing.Com
 Fishing Discussion
 Otter Island
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lrobalo

916 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2003 :  12:10:14 PM  Show Profile Send lrobalo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Where is the closest boat landing on Edisto to get to Otter Island? Also, can you get there without going out in the ocean?

John

dukmon

872 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2003 :  12:42:09 PM  Show Profile Send dukmon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
you can put in at bennetts point or any place on edisto. bennetts points is the closest by water but edisto is very close too. you can see the island from either landing. going camping? the only way you could end up in the ocean is if you want to.

dukmon
Go to Top of Page

lrobalo

916 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2003 :  12:48:49 PM  Show Profile Send lrobalo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks dukmon. No camping. A friend of mine is staying at edisto and has a 16ft jon boat and wants to go fishing over the weekend. I've fished Otter, but I put in at Dawhoo and cut in at the creek that winds around and ends up near Otter. I don't know the name of it, but if you didn't know where it was you would miss it. Caught lots of Redfish, and a few flounder (last year).

John
Go to Top of Page

Swampbo
Intermediate Member

147 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2003 :  1:23:06 PM  Show Profile Send Swampbo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is a creek that cuts in from the back for the ICW, but I have only been through there at high tide. Have fished there many times and never caught anything. We usually flounder fish over by Fripp, and we do real well over there, but have fished Edisto more times than I can count and always come out skunked, except for skates and whiting. Still looking for my first flounder(there). Any ideas? I always put in at the punblic landing (Fish Creek?). And ride big bay out. Then cut across the little mud flat, be careful at low tide. Of course, by ocean, I line myself up with the water tower and the Otter Island cut and shoot the gap. Sand bars on both side can get nasty(1542 Duracraft 25 Johnson).

Go to Top of Page

rscarter
Intermediate Member

55 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2003 :  1:46:00 PM  Show Profile  Send rscarter a Yahoo! Message Send rscarter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The closes landing on Edisto is the live oak landing which the state parks runs. It is on the neck area of the beach. You can also use the landing at the marina there is a $10.00 fee for that.

RSCarter
21' SEAFOX
150 JOHNSON
Go to Top of Page

lrobalo

916 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2003 :  2:24:52 PM  Show Profile Send lrobalo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Swampbo...I've caught Reds out of the surf using shrimp (fresh), and finger mullet. Alot of catfish and sharks are also caught though. Look out in the surf at low tide and fish the gullies and shelly areas as the tide comes in over them. I catch the flounder in the creeks behind the island with mud minnows and finger mullet. I haven't been back there since last year. Good luck.

John
Go to Top of Page

dukmon

872 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2003 :  3:38:00 PM  Show Profile Send dukmon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Irobalo, i am going down this friday for a week. when will you be going? we will have two boats with us and we go all over the place.

dukmon
Go to Top of Page

lrobalo

916 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2003 :  4:14:08 PM  Show Profile Send lrobalo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
dukmon, I have some friends that will be there. If I get to go, it won't be until Saturday a.m.. I really trying to get the fellows that will be down there starting on Thursday set up so they can catch some fish. I'll know more towards the end of the week. I'll let you know Thursday.

John
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
CharlestonFishing.Com © CharlestonFishing.Com, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000