Weather Recipes Search Charters Classifieds Sponsors YouTube Twitter Facebook FAQ's Calendar Resources CharlestonFishing.Com

a

b

c

d

e

f

g

CharlestonFishing.Com
CharlestonFishing.Com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Your Space
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 CharlestonFishing.Com
 Offshore Reports
 BSB 1/29
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SCSuperfly

403 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2011 :  11:44:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit SCSuperfly's Homepage Send SCSuperfly a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ocean looked promising yesterday afternoon so we made a quick trip out to make an attempt to catch those elusive black sea bass. Caught a limit of fish very quick. Same as always, 2 at a time and threw them back if we even thought we had to measure them. Even caught two fish on one hook! Noticed some cracks in my T top on the way out. Made some Macguyver repairs with rope and zip ties and pressed on to 60'. The wind actually picked up and had a little bit of a snotty ride limping in with a cracked T top.
Good day on the water.

Being superstitious is bad luck.

Girldawg

345 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2011 :  4:12:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Girldawg's Homepage Send Girldawg a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looms like the big one was going to chomp down on the little one in that second picture.

http://reeldawgs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

DG34YF

294 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2011 :  10:33:28 PM  Show Profile Send DG34YF a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice, a box full with some size to them.
Always more fun if ya only have to run to 60'.
Post mo' pics...
Go to Top of Page

Scoutin 4 Goodies

5199 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2011 :  07:09:06 AM  Show Profile Send Scoutin 4 Goodies a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice catch guys. Only 12 more days before we can't fish for those endangered fish...

What is that on the inside lid of your fish box?

------------------------------------------------
Set the trap boys, we going to pass through them again!!
Go to Top of Page

Skeeter_D
Intermediate Member

139 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2011 :  08:34:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Skeeter_D's Homepage Send Skeeter_D a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutin 4 Goodies

Nice catch guys. Only 12 more days before we can't fish for those endangered fish...

I still don't understand the closure!!! WHY??? ANY diver will come back with reports of hundreds (or more) BSB on every bit of live bottom, every wreck, artifical reef, ledge, etc. I can only recall a handfull of deeper dives in the past few years, where BSB DIDN'T outnumber every other fish within visable range.

If they keep up at this rate, pigeons, squirrels & roaches will be considered endangered species!!!

========
PS: If a fly lost it's wings, would it be called a walk?
Go to Top of Page

SCSuperfly

403 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2011 :  1:54:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit SCSuperfly's Homepage Send SCSuperfly a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The guy that I bought the boat from put some of those kid foam letters on the inside of the lids in an attempt to insulate the fish boxes. Of course I'm sure it doesn't do much but I just never removed it.

Being superstitious is bad luck.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
CharlestonFishing.Com © CharlestonFishing.Com, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000