b

c

d

e

f

g

CharlestonFishing.Com
CharlestonFishing.Com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Your Space
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fresh Water
 Freshwater Reports
 Catfish from bank - Lake Moultrie (PICS ADDED)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tomfleenor4

13 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2011 :  12:46:55 PM  Show Profile Send tomfleenor4 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Went out friday for a little night catfishing with a few buddies up at Lake Moultrie, from the shore.. All of us were using various baits, from chicken livers, minnows, but cut bream seemed to be working the best. Pulled out a few small ones, between 2-10 lbs, 2 of my buddies had breakoffs, one from me and it felt very large. The picture was actually the first fish of the night, big flathead, caught around 2230, didnt get the length or weight and let it go. I estimated the weight to be around 50#, length about 4ft long, caught on light rod and reel, 12lb test mono. The only breakoff i had was a fish that felt stronger and heavier than this, im assuming a big blue. All in all a good night of fishin! Ill post pictures as soon as I can get on photobucket, can't log on at work.

Sorry for the blurry pictures, taken on a phone camera...

Edited by - tomfleenor4 on 06/06/2011 3:59:46 PM

rasputensc

303 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2011 :  12:52:43 PM  Show Profile Send rasputensc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the report! Looking forward to the pics.
Go to Top of Page

scwolf

5 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2011 :  3:27:38 PM  Show Profile Send scwolf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the report!

What part of Moultrie were yall fishing from the bank? We fish the Rediversion a pretty good bit.
Go to Top of Page

tomfleenor4

13 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2011 :  08:25:30 AM  Show Profile Send tomfleenor4 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually up at short stay is where i caught this guy.. I have been wanting to fish the rediversion, but i havent had a boat until this week. Any tips for that area?

'98 Scout Sportfish 172
'00 Yamaha 115
Go to Top of Page

rasputensc

303 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2011 :  1:12:44 PM  Show Profile Send rasputensc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Rediversion or diversion? Not much flow over in the Rediversion (st. stephen area) so not much going on in the canal, but perhaps some action could be found in the Santee River above and below its junction with the ReDiversion canal. As for the Diversion Canal, night fishing seems to be most popular right now. Folks seem to congregate on the most upstream end by Harry's and at the lower end by Black's. I have had luck fishing the drop off along the banks near the upper end and near breaks in the bank. The Rock Pile near Hill's should hold fish, but have never fished it this time of year. The canal is so easy to navigate at night, if they are not biting in one place, just keep moving until you find a spot. Fresh cut bait, live bait with sniped fins (so the bleed), or stink bait should produce. Good luck

Edited by - rasputensc on 07/08/2011 1:15:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

duckcommander

5484 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2011 :  1:40:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit duckcommander's Homepage Send duckcommander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't you dare let another flathead go or I am going to send a bass fisherman after you.
Go to Top of Page

Punisher 21
Intermediate Member

103 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2011 :  8:20:40 PM  Show Profile Send Punisher 21 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good nights fishing!

"Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." Ronald Reagan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
CharlestonFishing.Com © 2000-2013 CharlestonFishing.com, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000