b

c

d

e

f

g

CharlestonFishing.Com
CharlestonFishing.Com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Your Space
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 CharlestonFishing.Com
 Inshore Reports
 Crabbing With My Daddy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

penfishn
Prolific Poster

12716 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2013 :  04:48:26 AM  Show Profile Send penfishn a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Well its been 10 days since I was able to go crabbing with my daddy...and felt like a eternity. Momma and daddy came for dinnner yesterday and I "advised " him that I would be there first thing Monday morning...to which I got a "oh yeah?" and big grin.
Hit Hardees for the traditional crab morning biscuits at 0430 and then hit the road to Mcclellanville. Lots of deer feeding along the highway kept me wide awake and a nervous nelly..but most didnt even look up as I passed. Daddy was ready to go when i got there so a few minutes talking to mom and we were on our way. Daddys "fadometer" said the water temp was 94 lol...and we said if we got hungry we'd have plenty of boiled crabs if this was the temp. Chilly morning on the water and I was glad to have snagged a jacket from his back seat. Sunrises always take my breath away and leave me speachless and in awe...and anyone who knows me knows it takes a lot to make me at a loss for words. What a great day we had! Theres always ..always...a new adventure when i am with my Daddy.

Daddy with his morning coffee..biscuit and a story to tell

little birds with big voices...love the little nests they weave in top of the marsh

looking for scraps..

ever noticed that the crabs shell looks like it has little horns or teeth on it...and how at the fork of the claw there looks to be a eye...hmmm...better to bite us with?

daddy laughed at my curious george boots
...and even more at my tshirt that said "normal is overated"

hermit crabs are really ugly little things..part crab..part slug on the backside..btw...they do pinch...had one on my finger like a ring until he latched on to me!

they do make awesome "yummyumm" bait for reds though

Stone crabs have a little button on the bottom of their shell that if pushed will release the bite they have applied.....see where the star is....

ok..ok...so I made that up!! please do not try! i was just teasing!

when you get a bushel crabs from my daddy..you get a FULL bushel. they dont weigh where he sells so he does the upside down basket on top..shake down until it is nice and full..and put a lid on...

far away...but watched us for a long while before flying off. Weve been sesing a couple every trip...so glad to see them doing well.

so I pull and shake the pots..then when the box is full daddy culls while i drive or fish.

ok...so im going to grab a bouy witht he hook when 10 feet away from me the bank/water explodes....causing me to scream like a.little girl..and daddy to laugh like crazy....dang alligator came flying off the bank and scared the "crab" out of me!!

...then had the nerve to peep up at me . Guess he thought I was going to be lunch!

or maybe he wanted some of these!

can you smell it ??? salt, good ol' carolina mudd and marsh

big tides have left a lot of dead marsh piled up

ok...so daddy says to me....look...i got you a mink for coming to work for me

see it in the center of the pic

one of the crabs decided to make a party of it..

this was in the pot

im telling ya..those little ones bite the worst!

unless you met one of these

I sure do love my daddy....

mm...dinner anyone??

lol...asked daddy why this was here..he said..fiddler laundymat(old galvanized tub)

this is what daddy calls a wide creek...lol..ought to see the narrow ones!...and he travels each just as fast@!

old tree looks like some kind of bank bug

then Im sitting on the boat and who appears??? MY Buddy!

Have a couple videos will add later today)

thats a piece of old marsh in his mouth..think he was trying to make me feel sorry for him.

daddy better watch out! he's about to get a soaking!

my daddys a mess...a real "turkey" Iveheard of a "feather in your cap"..but Really???

and so will lunch be today

Got home in time to take a nap before coming in to my "Real" job...found myself wishing I could just work and live the creeks with my daddy everyday...and thanking God for everyday that I am able to be there with him,,,,hearing his stories of days long gone..and sometimes catching that little curl to his lip and glitter in his eye as i realize that he has totally pulled one over on me with a made up tale or name for a bird or something ...something that I totaly believed...because HE told me "it was so". Mom always blesses us with a nice lunch and seems to always be standing on the porch waiting for us when we pull into the yard. I really do think I have been given the greatest "inheritance " of all.

miss'n fish'n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

Edited by - penfishn on 05/14/2013 05:09:49 AM

stonoman
Prolific Poster

12857 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2013 :  07:14:42 AM  Show Profile Send stonoman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For a minute i thought i was in the boat with you.What a great way to start my day.Thanks Penny.

Stonoman
Go to Top of Page

localtailchaser

24 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2013 :  07:49:58 AM  Show Profile Send localtailchaser a Private Message  Reply with Quote
UNBELIEVABLE SHOTS WITH UR POP LIKE ALWAYS

David chubb
Go to Top of Page

Black Bart

1470 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2013 :  08:35:28 AM  Show Profile Send Black Bart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stonoman

For a minute i thought i was in the boat with you.What a great way to start my day.Thanks Penny.

Stonoman

What Joe said, Penny. Fabulous pictures and report as always. Thank you for sharing such an important part of your life with the rest of us...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm not a hundred percent in love with your tone right now..."
Go to Top of Page

Optiker

3923 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2013 :  08:56:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Optiker's Homepage Send Optiker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Penny

Go to Top of Page

StumpNocker

837 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2013 :  08:57:11 AM  Show Profile Send StumpNocker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Captivating! Really enjoyable read!

"Fish On"
Go to Top of Page

HoofArded

1460 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2013 :  09:11:43 AM  Show Profile Send HoofArded a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Awesome pictures!

My son has some of those "Small Paul" boots. They're his favorite puddle stompers. He looked at the pictures with me and pointed out that the dolphin is smiling. He also loves the pictures of the "cwabs".

Thank you for sharing. Your reports are the best!

Semper Fi
18' Sterling
115 Yamaha
Big Ugly Homemade Blue Push Pole
Go to Top of Page

APOB

725 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2013 :  2:08:22 PM  Show Profile Send APOB a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Another enjoyable read and pics , Penny . You should get a book deal going, it would be a big seller . With the story and pictures .

I DONT HAVE A BOAT
BUT LOVE TO FISH> HINT
Go to Top of Page

penfishn
Prolific Poster

12716 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2013 :  2:49:11 PM  Show Profile Send penfishn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks! Still trying to upload the little videos of the dolphin . Was a great day for sure. Like I told daddy....in just a morning trip I not only made another memory that I ll have forever with him...but saw a mink,eagle,gator and my dolphin friend :). Forgot to mention we had two flounder in the pots..I always dump them on the floor of the boat before the crabs and they flap all around and soak daddy with the water in the ottom of the boat:) little sweet revenge for the tricks he plays on me. Btw..the gator head ( last trip) I attached to one of his pot floats is still there. Daddy said trip after I putit on the float he was pulling pot before it and saying..what in the world is that where my pot should be?..got up to it and realized what it was and laughed like crazy :)

miss'n fish'n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

Edited by - penfishn on 05/16/2013 03:03:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

rsansbu

9 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2013 :  10:05:58 AM  Show Profile Send rsansbu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ditto all the good. Love the dolphin pictures up close like that.
Go to Top of Page

jan

829 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2013 :  10:41:52 AM  Show Profile Send jan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
thanks again. jan
Go to Top of Page

jan

829 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2013 :  10:43:07 AM  Show Profile Send jan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
penny do you know where could i purchase a crab trap between georgetown and charleston. jan

Edited by - jan on 05/15/2013 10:44:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

TrueBlue

1358 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2013 :  12:20:34 PM  Show Profile Send TrueBlue a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Penny,

What a fine report, madame! The low country is a unique and wonderful place as we all know, you capture the essence exceptionally well in this photo journal. Many thanks.

Cheers,

TB

--------------------------------------
"I'LL HAVE A BLOODY MARY AND A STEAK SANDWICH."
John Cocktoastin
Go to Top of Page

penfishn
Prolific Poster

12716 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2013 :  6:51:50 PM  Show Profile Send penfishn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone.

Jan....I think seawee outpost in awendaw had some. ( I love that store...awesome tshirts for 16.00 too ! )I know some of the tackle store. Carry them..haddrells and charleston angler...maybe the ice house in Georgetown. It's Probablly going to set you back 60 bucks for a full trap with iron and rope..maybe even a little more. They aren't cheap that's for sure. The hardware store on the highway in mccl. Might also carry them.

miss'n fish'n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16
Go to Top of Page

MarshMan

499 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2013 :  8:05:24 PM  Show Profile Send MarshMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Really, REALLY enjoyed it! Again! If I could take one of those trips once a year I'd feel blessed. To take one every couple weeks, don't even know what to say. Thanks again for sharing!

SeaPro 23 WA Yam 225
Key West 17' Stealth Yam 115
Wilderness Systems Ride 135
Go to Top of Page

OhioNavyNuke

1245 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2013 :  9:42:27 PM  Show Profile Send OhioNavyNuke a Private Message  Reply with Quote
nice! even when i move on to another station ill be sure to pop on and look for penny crabbing pics...always a good read!
Go to Top of Page

Dustin Cole
Intermediate Member

143 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2013 :  06:48:43 AM  Show Profile Send Dustin Cole a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Pen, you truly have an awesome gift of telling your stories through your photography! Like Stono said, I felt like I was there with you. Great photos and great that you get to spend ythat time with your Father. Thank you!

That's why they call it fishing, not catching...
Go to Top of Page

luckofthepollocks
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2013 :  5:38:27 PM  Show Profile Send luckofthepollocks a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very nice shots! I like that we are seeing more of the Bald Eagles around

If it werent for bad luck, I wouldnt have any at all......
Go to Top of Page

ayejoe1017

1014 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2013 :  6:10:14 PM  Show Profile Send ayejoe1017 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Penny, I think HPT or CA need to set up an evening for you to give a seminar on "How to post a report"

Great as always!!

quote:
Originally posted by Bolbie

...the harbor was slick as an eel pecker.

Go to Top of Page

DixieBoys

773 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2013 :  3:34:03 PM  Show Profile Send DixieBoys a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, It's been awhile since I remembered the good times with my Dad.

DixieBoys
Bob & Tim
Go to Top of Page

IM4USC

1550 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2013 :  11:50:38 PM  Show Profile Send IM4USC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Pen,

Hope Donnie is doing well. Roo the same.

Your posts always make my eyes swell with love for my closest.

Please take me sometime to be with your Mom and Dad from "can to can't"...I promise I will not speak a word...not a word...I will see and hear what love looks and sounds like.
Go to Top of Page

Sirecks

1284 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2013 :  07:04:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sirecks's Homepage  Send Sirecks a Yahoo! Message Send Sirecks a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fantastic as always Penn. Those sunrise shots are simply stunning. Only God could paint like that. I always look forward to your stories, errr . . . reports!! Keep 'em coming.

Go to Top of Page

penfishn
Prolific Poster

12716 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2013 :  08:09:03 AM  Show Profile Send penfishn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tomorow morning I will be with my daddy once again pulling pots and moving them....thanks for all of your kind words..and not minding me sharing how being there makes me feel. . Hugz to all of you my friends..and have a safe and Blessed weekend.
Remember our soldiers past and present..and all they have sacrificed, stood and fought for! God Bless Them!

miss'n fish'n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16
Go to Top of Page

Jus Ackinup
Intermediate Member

53 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2013 :  11:37:27 PM  Show Profile Send Jus Ackinup a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Penny,

I look forward to seeing your posts, they're great! You do love your daddy! Thanks for posting.

2013 Key West 210 Bay Reef 2013 F150 Yamaha
Go to Top of Page

fushwhistle
Intermediate Member

60 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2013 :  08:59:54 AM  Show Profile Send fushwhistle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great way to start the day after reading that. Church then H20 for sure today. Life is good in our lowcountry
Go to Top of Page

growndawg

175 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2013 :  09:07:30 AM  Show Profile Send growndawg a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Such a nice posting.....makes me miss my Dad even more!

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge...Proverbs 1:7
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
CharlestonFishing.Com © CharlestonFishing.Com, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000