Weather Recipes Search Charters Classifieds Sponsors YouTube Twitter Facebook FAQ's Calendar Resources CharlestonFishing.Com

a

b

c

d

e

f

g

CharlestonFishing.Com
CharlestonFishing.Com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Your Space
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 CharlestonFishing.Com
 Offshore Discussion
 Dewees Inlet
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gsgibbon

12 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2017 :  1:21:41 PM  Show Profile Send gsgibbon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Which route does everyone take when running out of Dewees Inlet? I've always gone in and out following the red arrow that's outlined in the pic. Curious if anyone shoots between the breakers (black arrow).

Edited by - gsgibbon on 03/15/2017 1:24:03 PM

millacd

714 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2017 :  4:00:39 PM  Show Profile Send millacd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not sure i entirely agree with where those breaker marks are placed, at least according my memory of the last time i went out that inlet. Pretty sure the breakers were right where the name "dewees" is on the map, and i went south of it more like right through where the the breakers area (the one on the right) is marked on your map. Regardless of what the map says, i just pay attention to where the bars are, my depthfinder, stay close to previous tracks, and I never have a problem in that inlet.

Edited by - millacd on 03/15/2017 4:01:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

OccamsRaiser

539 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2017 :  9:29:17 PM  Show Profile Send OccamsRaiser a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If I was near my boat I'd send you my tracks. I can tell you I've been going through that inlet all winter and haven't had a problem. At dead low, following my 2013 Garmin depth charts, the shallowest I saw was 4 ft. If you go at dead low, it's obvious where the breakers are, even on flat calm day.
Go to Top of Page

Ona Mission

602 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2017 :  08:47:06 AM  Show Profile Send Ona Mission a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think my route is more like your black arrow. In other words, go farther south, then turn back more north. But it's all about reading the water since the bars do change.
Go to Top of Page

BlondeStranger
Intermediate Member

96 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2017 :  09:37:24 AM  Show Profile Send BlondeStranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Read the water. Sand shifts. Running shallow draft inlets by map will bite you.

springtide

546 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2017 :  11:39:32 PM  Show Profile Send springtide a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've run the inlet on all tides straight in and straight out. However, you must read the water, especially at low tide and on contrary wind and tide. There are no guarantees or absolutes when running an unmarked inlet.

"Temptation may lean on the doorbell... opportunity may only knock once"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
CharlestonFishing.Com © CharlestonFishing.Com, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000