b

c

d

e

f

g

CharlestonFishing.Com
CharlestonFishing.Com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Your Space
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 CharlestonFishing.Com
 Striper Fishing
 ice fly trailers???
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

phishinphan

546 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2008 :  11:30:03 AM  Show Profile Send phishinphan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
guys... i've heard and read about casting or trolling with bucktails with an ice fly trailer. well, i have the bucktails and just bought an ice fly last night to try out. how do i tie it on?

Edited by - phishinphan on 03/01/2008 11:30:16 AM

dernflatlander

1264 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2008 :  3:48:17 PM  Show Profile Send dernflatlander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i tie the line to the curve in hook of the bucktail jig with a uni knot, about 12 to 18" of leader to the spoon.
Go to Top of Page

phishinphan

546 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2008 :  3:57:02 PM  Show Profile Send phishinphan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dernflatlander

i tie the line to the curve in hook of the bucktail jig with a uni knot, about 12 to 18" of leader to the spoon.

thanks. do you find that the line twists bad?

another forum suggested to use a 3 way swivel with the ice fly above the bucktail but seems like to me you would have it the other way with the ice fly on the bottom?
Go to Top of Page

dernflatlander

1264 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2008 :  8:24:30 PM  Show Profile Send dernflatlander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
never had a problem with line twist. the spoon won't spin the jig and the short piece of line from spoon to jig doesn't twist.
Go to Top of Page

on a fishin mission

1741 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2008 :  07:09:40 AM  Show Profile Send on a fishin mission a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I use 2 swivels. I tie the ice fly and a buck tail each to a swivel with about a 12" leader, leaving the ice fly leader about 2-3 imches longer that the buck tail's. Slide the bucktail's swivel up you line and tie the ice fly to the end. 2 swivels works alot better than a 3 way especially when you get double hook ups. This rig bascilly looks like a big a$$ spinner bait running through the water and schoolling striper will tear them up.

Chip
Simmer Down

Edited by - on a fishin mission on 03/02/2008 07:10:22 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
CharlestonFishing.Com © CharlestonFishing.Com, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000