b

c

d

e

f

g

CharlestonFishing.Com
CharlestonFishing.Com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Your Space
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 CharlestonFishing.Com
 Fly-Fishing
 some of yall wanted pics....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Mad_Mike

796 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2009 :  9:35:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mad_Mike's Homepage Send Mad_Mike a Private Message  Reply with Quote
this is my copperhead crab for those that wanted to see them.... gimme a shout if you want some...

Mad Mike

"to hell with insane... I'm OUTsane!!! "

scotty d

1475 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2009 :  10:09:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit scotty d's Homepage Send scotty d a Private Message  Reply with Quote
beautiful! i esp like the bigger lead eyes to get down to biznass in da grass.

www.flyfishingsc.com
Go to Top of Page

iFly

857 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2009 :  10:40:42 PM  Show Profile Send iFly a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Crazy, man. Craaaaaaaaaazzzzzy! Cool tie. It's always amazes me that fish eat thing like that.

But..... they do!
Go to Top of Page

RussB

4202 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2009 :  12:18:05 AM  Show Profile Send RussB a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Beautiful tying there Mike!!

Russ B.
God is great, Beer is good, People are crazy

Go to Top of Page

CaptFritz

8990 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2009 :  10:03:17 AM  Show Profile Send CaptFritz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice work. Oh by the way someone is selling a boat in the offshore discussion page. You may want to go chastise them for that.

Signature Deleted!
Go to Top of Page

nikonjedi

3028 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2009 :  6:07:59 PM  Show Profile Send nikonjedi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Mike... I'll do the photography for ya inthe future for a couple flies in trade BTW the offer to shoot all the CA flies for the iternet still stands.. I'll work cheap...

"Paddle faster boys... I hear banjo music!"
SC Chapter Coordinator- Heroes on the Water
http://www.HeroesOnTheWater.org
Charleston Director- SCKayakfishing.com
Tarpon 160os
Go to Top of Page

nbk65bo

378 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2009 :  7:16:58 PM  Show Profile Send nbk65bo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I bought some a couple of weeks ago. I have not had a chance to use them yet. Hopefully this weekend I can give them a go.

Chris.
Go to Top of Page

shevy

4900 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2009 :  11:42:55 AM  Show Profile Send shevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i've been using these for months....not once, repeat not once, has a red seen this fly and not eaten it. works every freaking time.

Mike, i've only got 3 left I'd like to stock up... will stop by the shop later this week.
Go to Top of Page

Mad_Mike

796 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2009 :  1:08:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mad_Mike's Homepage Send Mad_Mike a Private Message  Reply with Quote
(**()it shevlin... you done had to go and put a curse on em'... now I gotta do my juju dance before I go fishing again... Thats gonna cost extra! lol

Mad Mike

Go to Top of Page

Faith and Grace

4106 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2009 :  3:03:06 PM  Show Profile Send Faith and Grace a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll take one Mike.

"Plan like you will live forever but live like you will die tomorrow."
Go to Top of Page

Shadowgrass

873 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2009 :  01:32:59 AM  Show Profile Send Shadowgrass a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was inspired by clemson's uniforms tonight, so I tied some of these guys:

“Fishing is alot like sex...when its good,it's really good, and when its bad, its still pretty good.”
Go to Top of Page

TyOneOn

989 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2009 :  10:39:39 AM  Show Profile Send TyOneOn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Shadow, that fly will start the season strong but, will fold towards the end.
Go to Top of Page

iFly

857 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2009 :  11:00:59 AM  Show Profile Send iFly a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Shadowgrass, a little more orange and maybe some horns.
Go to Top of Page

shevy

4900 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2009 :  11:31:03 AM  Show Profile Send shevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mad_Mike

(**()it shevlin... you done had to go and put a curse on em'... now I gotta do my juju dance before I go fishing again... Thats gonna cost extra! lol

Mad Mike

you can't curse a fly that good. Or maybe I'm just that badass at hitting them 6 inches off their noses..... :O)
Go to Top of Page

grapex
Intermediate Member

72 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2009 :  09:37:33 AM  Show Profile Send grapex a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mike,

How much for six?

Go to Top of Page

Fishb8

7731 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2009 :  10:59:07 AM  Show Profile Send Fishb8 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Shadow, that is one UGLY fly. I best the reds eat it just to get rid of it.

Fishb8 (Fish Bait)

23 Sea Hunt "My Last Boat V"

If you can't stand behind our soldiers, try standing in front of them.
Go to Top of Page

nbk65bo

378 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2009 :  7:46:10 PM  Show Profile Send nbk65bo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mike,
A little input.
They suck.
I caught 4 tonight on one fly and I think they need some work.

The weed guard did not hold up. At least an orvis fly will hold up for several fish.
They take the fly way to quick. I had to pick it up so fast because the first two took it into the gut. I am getting old and I do not have the reaction time to keep the fish from inhaling this fly.

Maybe you can work on this and make a better fly that we can work with.

Pictures to come.

Pictures of the rest and a report to come

Thanks Mike.
Chris.

Edited by - nbk65bo on 09/12/2009 7:57:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

TyOneOn

989 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2009 :  10:01:21 PM  Show Profile Send TyOneOn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nbk65bo

Mike,A little input.
They suck. I caught 4 tonight on one fly and I think they need some work.They take the fly way to quick. I had to pick it up so fast because the first two took it into the gut. I am getting old and I do not have the reaction time to keep the fish from inhaling this fly. Thanks Mike.
Chris.

I agree. I got into fishing to just have another excuse to drink. Not that I needed one. Do you tie any flies that I can just throw out and then just sit on my ass and wait?

Really nice tie, Mike. I might have to get one from you. Ty

PS I actually like the Clemson Crab too. Very creative.
Go to Top of Page

Mad_Mike

796 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2009 :  10:47:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mad_Mike's Homepage Send Mad_Mike a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nbk65bo

Mike,
A little input.
They suck.
I caught 4 tonight on one fly and I think they need some work.

The weed guard did not hold up. At least an orvis fly will hold up for several fish.
They take the fly way to quick. I had to pick it up so fast because the first two took it into the gut. I am getting old and I do not have the reaction time to keep the fish from inhaling this fly.

Maybe you can work on this and make a better fly that we can work with.

Pictures to come.

Pictures of the rest and a report to come

Thanks Mike.
Chris.

chris,

Your still fishing with the "manufactured" version. When I personally tie them the weed guard holds up much better... As far as the inhalation.. can't help you there... I will get to work on a better fly, and let yall know what I come up with.

Mad Mike

Edited by - Mad_Mike on 09/13/2009 10:49:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

Mad_Mike

796 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2009 :  10:50:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mad_Mike's Homepage Send Mad_Mike a Private Message  Reply with Quote
P.S- If i did tie that... sorry bout the weedguard. lol

Mad Mike

Go to Top of Page

nbk65bo

378 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2009 :  11:32:56 AM  Show Profile Send nbk65bo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just having a little fun at your expense.
They nailed this fly. I have not seen a cruising fish, stop and inhale any fly like they did this fly. I caught one that was 10lbs that was in a dead run off the flat, coming right at me, and he stopped to nail this thing.
Great job with them Mike. I am going to give it a go again today for a couple of hours.
Thanks again.

Edited by - nbk65bo on 09/13/2009 11:34:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

Mad_Mike

796 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2009 :  11:37:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mad_Mike's Homepage Send Mad_Mike a Private Message  Reply with Quote
glad to hear they are working.. and good luck today man!

Mad Mike

Go to Top of Page

MarshMan

499 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2009 :  8:32:13 PM  Show Profile Send MarshMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mad Mike - Would like to get a couple for my son's B-day. How much? If I paid for shipping could you mail them?
Thanks

SeaPro 23 WA Yam 225
High Tide 16 Honda 40
Key West 17' Stealth Yam 115
Go to Top of Page

mountain guy

347 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2009 :  11:17:33 AM  Show Profile Send mountain guy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just wanted to say thanks to Mike for the flies and the help on tying em, they work great the fish jump all over em Had a really productive couple days down there thanks Mike!

Barry

If it swims throw a fly at it!
Go to Top of Page

Billder

1371 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2009 :  1:12:09 PM  Show Profile Send Billder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shadowgrass

I was inspired by clemson's uniforms tonight, so I tied some of these guys:

That's actually a good idea, fiddlers have purple on them so why not "match the hatch"

Metal Hull Militia
Go to Top of Page

mummichog

323 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2009 :  1:36:14 PM  Show Profile Send mummichog a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mike,

When you attach the legs to this fly, do you alternate flash and the rubber bands or do you tie all the flash and then attach the legs?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
CharlestonFishing.Com © CharlestonFishing.Com, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000