b

c

d

e

f

g

CharlestonFishing.Com
CharlestonFishing.Com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Your Space
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 CharlestonFishing.Com
 Cooking your catch
 deep fried boston butt
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fred67

4696 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2009 :  4:50:31 PM  Show Profile Send Fred67 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Had a first. Reids had butts on sale for .69lb. Neighbor injected it and rubbed some seasoning on the outside 5 min a pound. Very tasty! I'm sure the heart wasn't too happy but the tummy was. Double dose of Lipitor..... good to go.

Sale ends Sat............. if there are any left. People were loading up on em Wed.

Rapchizzle

4043 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2009 :  5:28:26 PM  Show Profile Send Rapchizzle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
that sounds tasty...

Every piece of tail you turn down is a piece of tail you didn't get.

xHCFKx
Go to Top of Page

SLACK_LINE

1822 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2009 :  4:13:46 PM  Show Profile Send SLACK_LINE a Private Message  Reply with Quote
sounds very tastY!
Go to Top of Page

h20gul

924 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2009 :  6:16:35 PM  Show Profile Send h20gul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That sounds yummy! Got one in the freezer and may just have to fire up the cooker to try the same. Thanks for sharing.
Go to Top of Page

LandSick

449 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2009 :  9:14:56 PM  Show Profile  Send LandSick a Yahoo! Message Send LandSick a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Everything is better deep fried! lol
Go to Top of Page

COOLBREEZE

2030 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2009 :  06:56:30 AM  Show Profile Send COOLBREEZE a Private Message  Reply with Quote
never thought about deep frying the b/butt. sounds like a great idea to me. i usually do the crockpot thing with them. i guess i will just fire up the cooker. i am also going to put one in my orion cooker soon and cook it up. cooked a 22lb turkey in the orion last friday. took 2 1/2 hours and fell off the bone. good eats.
Go to Top of Page

bwulmer

277 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2009 :  10:02:02 AM  Show Profile Send bwulmer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Deep fried...it's a southern thing. Sounds good with the butts, gotta try that one!

Key West 196;150 Yammie

Life Is Good...Gotta Love It!!!
Go to Top of Page

salyerg123
Intermediate Member

56 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2009 :  12:05:46 PM  Show Profile Send salyerg123 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
THAT SOUNDS AWESOME

YAKPIMP
Go to Top of Page

FireMedic124

671 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2009 :  11:06:47 AM  Show Profile  Click to see FireMedic124's MSN Messenger address  Send FireMedic124 a Yahoo! Message Send FireMedic124 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Paula Deen just made fried butter on her show that would compliment it well

PMS
Scout 172
Yamaha 115
Go to Top of Page

McFDoom

463 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2009 :  12:12:24 PM  Show Profile Send McFDoom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FireMedic124

PMS
Scout 172
Yamaha 115

I heard they were making that out at the Fair this year, mixed it with some breading to keep it from turning completely liquid

Go to Top of Page

FireMedic124

671 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2009 :  12:36:40 PM  Show Profile  Click to see FireMedic124's MSN Messenger address  Send FireMedic124 a Yahoo! Message Send FireMedic124 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by McFDoom

quote:
Originally posted by FireMedic124

PMS
Scout 172
Yamaha 115

I heard they were making that out at the Fair this year, mixed it with some breading to keep it from turning completely liquid

Actually this one mixed with creamcheese, then scooped into little balls, frozen, rolled in a wash and salt pepper breadcrumb mixture, frozen again, after it freeze's quickly put into hot peanut oil, just to turn color and pull out before it melts, the freezing is what keeps it all in place.

PMS
Scout 172
Yamaha 115
Go to Top of Page

boatp2lee

41 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2009 :  4:36:34 PM  Show Profile Send boatp2lee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Be still my failing heart...

Light winds and screamin' drags...
Go to Top of Page

scdiver

368 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2009 :  3:09:39 PM  Show Profile Send scdiver a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I cooked two butts in my orion cooker, only problem was the lower one started falling apart as I was taking it out. I would probably put something under it on the next run, but the meat was awesome. Those orions can cook some good meals and in a hurry too.

And that fried Boston butt sounds amazing.

Edited by - scdiver on 12/03/2009 3:10:26 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
CharlestonFishing.Com © CharlestonFishing.Com, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000