b

c

d

e

f

g

CharlestonFishing.Com
CharlestonFishing.Com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Your Space
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 CharlestonFishing.Com
 Boats and Motors
 Used Jet Dock
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

First Coat
Intermediate Member

121 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2009 :  08:57:29 AM  Show Profile Send First Coat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know if there is a market for used jet docks? I'm interested in buying one for a 22' Sea Hunt.

Sea Hunt 220
Yam F225

stickman

1853 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2009 :  10:00:39 AM  Show Profile Send stickman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
One was on Craig's list about 3 weeks ago. I recall it was for your boat length.
Go to Top of Page

Bad Habit

2025 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2009 :  11:56:13 AM  Show Profile Send Bad Habit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i usually run into a couple each year for sale. adding one to your dock must be permitted now and the fines for not getting the permit are ugly. used to be no big deal. lots of unpermitted jet docks will be getting removed in the future. get a permit and watch the classifieds.i can help with permits or installs.

Jeff Davis is my President
Go to Top of Page

First Coat
Intermediate Member

121 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2009 :  1:49:48 PM  Show Profile Send First Coat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
thanks for your help. would you need a permit in IOP Marina, I'm specifically talking about renting a slip from Dewees Island. They've told me they are aloud to have them but did not say a permit was required.

If you wouldn't mind, let me know if you see/hear of one for sale.

Sea Hunt 220
Yam F225
Go to Top of Page

Bad Habit

2025 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2009 :  7:24:41 PM  Show Profile Send Bad Habit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
if you want to put 1 in a leased or purchased slip then no problem. it's no different than slipping your boat.

Go to Top of Page

stickman

1853 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2009 :  08:09:58 AM  Show Profile Send stickman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bad Habit-

How certain are you that a permit is not needed to add a jetdock to an owned dockominium? I've heard differently before and would like to find the reg as I'm considering doing that. A dockominium owner in a Folly marina told me his experience which was different.
Go to Top of Page

Bad Habit

2025 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2009 :  1:12:04 PM  Show Profile Send Bad Habit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i'll check with ocrm after the holidays. used to be if it wasn't a permanant install then it was ok. things change everyday

Go to Top of Page

CaptFritz

8832 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2009 :  10:56:46 AM  Show Profile Send CaptFritz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
IF you buy a used jet-dock check to make sure the "cubes" are not cracked. If they are the cubes fill with water when your boat is on it and then the back half of the boat could be underwater defeating the purpose of the jet dock

Sanford in 2012!
Go to Top of Page

Bad Habit

2025 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2010 :  10:44:55 PM  Show Profile Send Bad Habit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
checked with my ocrm contact. if you lease a slip and tie a jet dock in it it is no different than tying up a boat in it.

Go to Top of Page

gotchacovered
Prolific Poster

19960 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2010 :  11:13:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit gotchacovered's Homepage Send gotchacovered a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bad Habit is right. Tie it up like a boat, and you're good to go. If you permanently mount it, it's a dock. That's a good thing for your OCRM concerns, but it has a down side. Since it would not be part of the dock, it would notbe covered by a marina's dock liability insurnace. So, if you keep the jet dock at a marina, make sure you insure yourself for liability in case someone slips and gets hurt on it. Also, if you keep it on your own property, double-check your HO (or comparable) liability policy to make sure it extends to cover this exposure. Boat insurance policies do not cover liability for docks, etc.--only the boat and people on it--no matter what company you have, so check into what risk exposure you have.

Gotcha Covered,
Lee Strickland
Strickland Marine Insurance, Inc.
843-795-1000 / 800-446-1862
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
CharlestonFishing.Com © CharlestonFishing.Com, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000