Good Morning On Moultrie...

First trip this year. Water was dirty, with 18" visibility. Started tossing a 1/2 ounce Spinner bait around floating grass mats in 4 to 5 feet of water. Caught 9 Bass from 2.5 to 6 pounds, all around those mats, and nowhere else. Lost an 8+ pounder right at the boat due to a poor hook set. Water temp was 60 degrees at sunup, and 65 degrees by noon when I quit.
Replies

Thanks for the report, I wonder if anyone wade fishes the hatchery like we did years ago?
Thanks for the report, I wonder if anyone wade fishes the hatchery like we did years ago?Originally posted by sman

Friends and I once waded Hatchery, Duck Pond, Blacks cove and Russellville Flats for Bass. I quit after bumping into a Gator that was laying on the bottom. shock
First trip this year. Water was dirty, with 18" visibility. Started tossing a 1/2 ounce Spinner bait around floating grass mats in 4 to 5 feet of water. Caught 9 Bass from 2.5 to 6 pounds, all around those mats, and nowhere else. Lost an 8+ pounder right at the boat due to a poor hook set. Water temp was 60 degrees at sunup, and 65 degrees by noon when I quit.Originally posted by stlhunr

Haven’t been out yet, hope to get out this weekend.

Floating grass? Like hyacinths, or something different?

Have you seen any eelgrass growing?
First trip this year. Water was dirty, with 18" visibility. Started tossing a 1/2 ounce Spinner bait around floating grass mats in 4 to 5 feet of water. Caught 9 Bass from 2.5 to 6 pounds, all around those mats, and nowhere else. Lost an 8+ pounder right at the boat due to a poor hook set. Water temp was 60 degrees at sunup, and 65 degrees by noon when I quit.Originally posted by stlhunr

Haven’t been out yet, hope to get out this weekend.

Floating grass? Like hyacinths, or something different?

Have you seen any eelgrass growing? Originally posted by pitcher

Floats high like Hyacinths but not it, I have heard the stuff called Gator Grass. Haven't seen any Eel grass. Fished around pads and floating grass this morning in lower Lake Marion till noon...not a single hit.