Weather Recipes Search Charters Classifieds Sponsors YouTube Twitter Facebook FAQ's Calendar Resources CharlestonFishing.Com

a

b

c

d

e

f

g

CharlestonFishing.Com
CharlestonFishing.Com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Your Space
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fresh Water
 Bassfishing
 Need some guesses on weight
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mbflyfisher

209 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2017 :  07:47:40 AM  Show Profile Send mbflyfisher a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My son and I went fishing at our small local duck pond like we do most weekends last night. Usually catch some big bluegill and the occasional small bass. Well I had someone tell me there were some much bigger bass in there so I decided to try a bigger spinner bait. Well ended up landed the biggest bass that I have ever caught (haven't been bass fishing very long). I didn't have a scale with me but scaling the picture he is about 20-22" long. Any guesses on what she may weigh?

leadenwahboy

2701 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2017 :  08:12:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit leadenwahboy's Homepage Send leadenwahboy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd say it's 3 pounds or so...nice fish!

Wadmalaw native
16' Bentz-Craft Flats Boat
Go to Top of Page

mbflyfisher

209 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2017 :  09:41:44 AM  Show Profile Send mbflyfisher a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was guessing between 4 and 5 from what the people I texted told me. Still not bad for a pond that's less than a 1/2 acre and in the middle of a neighborhood.
Go to Top of Page

bangstick

2720 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2017 :  09:48:01 AM  Show Profile Send bangstick a Private Message  Reply with Quote
3.5-4lbs.

God bless the "ignore" function.
Go to Top of Page

rasputensc

387 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2017 :  10:48:26 AM  Show Profile Send rasputensc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Roland Martin weight clearly 7.5 lb.

My guess is that it is closer to 5 lb than 4 and if 22", it might be a little over 5. Looks to be in extra good shape for a mid summer fish.
Go to Top of Page

Tarpoon

361 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2017 :  9:07:20 PM  Show Profile Send Tarpoon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've found charts like this to be fun but any much better than eyeballing

http://www.in-fisherman.com/in-fisherman-blogs/bass-length-to-weight-conversion-chart/

I wont weigh in a guess, a Dads word is gospel on this subject.
Here's a tip I learned with my kids, always tell the truth best you can, it will pay off one day when they do catch that really big one!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
CharlestonFishing.Com © CharlestonFishing.Com, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000