Weather Recipes Search Charters Classifieds Sponsors YouTube Twitter Facebook FAQ's Calendar Resources CharlestonFishing.Com

a

b

c

d

e

f

g

CharlestonFishing.Com
CharlestonFishing.Com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Your Space
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fresh Water
 Bassfishing
 Anyone ever fish Lake George Fla
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Swamp Cracker

5 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2018 :  8:49:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Swamp Cracker's Homepage Send Swamp Cracker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Iím heading down in a couple weeks and was hoping someone had some tips. I was planning on trying top water lures first.

Allen Lynch
Intermediate Member

105 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2018 :  5:28:53 PM  Show Profile Send Allen Lynch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I used to fish down on Lake George about 25 years ago. For artificials, I had excellent success with Culprit Worms (Red Shad, Copperhead, Black) on a 5/0 Hook with No weight. Swim it slowly thru lily pads and loose grass. Pause in holes in pads and let slowly sink. I imagine a plastic frog would work well, too. I also used Golden Shiners and did very well, too. You have to use a 4/0 or 5/0 hook with a wire weed guard and a float about 24inches above the hook. Hope this helps. Allen Lynch Good Luck! I've been goin' down to Lake Toho in Kissimmee, Fl since I quit going to Lake George and the St. John's River.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
CharlestonFishing.Com © CharlestonFishing.Com, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000