Weather Recipes Search Charters Classifieds Sponsors YouTube Twitter Facebook FAQ's Calendar Resources CharlestonFishing.Com

a

b

c

d

e

f

g

CharlestonFishing.Com
CharlestonFishing.Com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Your Space
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 CharlestonFishing.Com
 Kayak Fishing
 Post your kayak...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

DillyDally

2122 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2019 :  12:15:31 PM  Show Profile Send DillyDally a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What are you all fishing from? I'm in the market for two.

stlhunr

562 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2019 :  6:59:02 PM  Show Profile Send stlhunr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just picked up two of these 10 footers, one for her and one for me, to try some Yak fishing this year. Added rod holders to them myself. Have only fished from them once so far.

Edited by - stlhunr on 03/30/2019 6:59:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

DFreedom
Prolific Poster

14302 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2019 :  10:23:20 AM  Show Profile Send DFreedom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If one is looking for a fishing kayak, I recommend trying out a couple first. Time Out Sports I believe still rents them to demo. Having fished initially from a sit inside, I can tell you that I never want to again. I fish from a sit on top, it just offers so much more freedom of movement and, they are far less likely to fill up with water. I have a WS Ride 135, my oldest son has a Feelfree Moken 12.5. They both set up well for fishing and are very stable. Not sure if he is still there as I have not seen him post in a while but Dolphin Dave at Time Out is the guy to talk to.

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?
Go to Top of Page

DoubleN

3326 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2019 :  7:53:35 PM  Show Profile Send DoubleN a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My son and his fiance have a set. Have only paddled around but, more to come on the fishing side....

NN

Edited by - DoubleN on 04/09/2019 7:52:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

yakgotstuck
Intermediate Member

113 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2019 :  10:57:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit yakgotstuck's Homepage Send yakgotstuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a emotion stealth 11, and i have to agree, sit on tops are so much better for fishing than sit insides. my kayak is pretty stable, i can stand up with relative ease and make good hard casts. iíve come to discover that having the ability to stand is pretty advantageous

Sam Elliott
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJapLk9rt91Jop89mxRU7eg?
Go to Top of Page

areeldrag

654 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2019 :  12:49:52 PM  Show Profile Send areeldrag a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a Cuda 12 & my wife has a Feelfree Lure 10.

Edited by - areeldrag on 04/03/2019 12:51:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

Nuzzy

7 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2019 :  12:00:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nuzzy's Homepage Send Nuzzy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not a lot of pictures yet, but just picked up the new Pelican Catch 130, thing is a champ!
Go to Top of Page

DillyDally

2122 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2019 :  10:46:13 AM  Show Profile Send DillyDally a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hooweee $1200! Geez!

Go to Top of Page

Nuzzy

7 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2019 :  12:05:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nuzzy's Homepage Send Nuzzy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
$1499, but still cheaper than a Hobie with the same drive. And from what I've seen, handles waves better.
Go to Top of Page

Spadefish

355 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2019 :  8:09:43 PM  Show Profile Send Spadefish a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Malibu Kayak Stealth 14

"Oh, de flounder he looks so fine, hanging onto my little thin line....."
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
CharlestonFishing.Com © CharlestonFishing.Com, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000