Weather Recipes Search Charters Classifieds Sponsors YouTube Twitter Facebook FAQ's Calendar Resources CharlestonFishing.Com

a

b

c

d

e

f

g

CharlestonFishing.Com
CharlestonFishing.Com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Your Space
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fresh Water
 Lake Murray
 April Slump-4/17 Afternoon
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

smoakin

526 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2019 :  1:55:07 PM  Show Profile Send smoakin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A little late but finally finished putting brush out for my pre-spawn crappie holes around Blacks Bridge. With the full moon coming up and warm temps, I figured I would cast some jigs to the bank and pick up some crappies. NOT! I can't seem to catch crappie in April. Do fine on other months. Oh well, I'll wait a few more weeks and start fishing my brush. Looks like the catfish are starting to move shallow as I did hook a big one that popped 6# test.

striperskiff

2556 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2019 :  7:26:41 PM  Show Profile Send striperskiff a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by smoakin

A little late but finally finished putting brush out for my pre-spawn crappie holes around Blacks Bridge. With the full moon coming up and warm temps, I figured I would cast some jigs to the bank and pick up some crappies. NOT! I can't seem to catch crappie in April. Do fine on other months. Oh well, I'll wait a few more weeks and start fishing my brush. Looks like the catfish are starting to move shallow as I did hook a big one that popped 6# test.

If you are on FB, join a group called "Lake Murray Fishing". Seems like quite a few crappie fisherman on there.

'07 198 DLX Carolina Skiff
DF90 Suzuki
Go to Top of Page

smoakin

526 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2019 :  09:40:24 AM  Show Profile Send smoakin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you sir.
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
CharlestonFishing.Com © CharlestonFishing.Com, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000