Weather Recipes Search Charters Classifieds Sponsors YouTube Twitter Facebook FAQ's Calendar Resources CharlestonFishing.Com

a

b

c

d

e

f

g

CharlestonFishing.Com
CharlestonFishing.Com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Your Space
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 CharlestonFishing.Com
 Fly-Fishing
 Rules for wading
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

mbs

41 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2019 :  4:24:34 PM  Show Profile Send mbs a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Can anyone enlighten me on the rules for wading a privately owned piece of marsh? I assume I need the landowners permission? What if Iím poling my skiff? Thanks.

mbs

41 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2019 :  12:12:42 PM  Show Profile Send mbs a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok then. When I find out Iíll post it on here.
Go to Top of Page

bryson

525 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2019 :  2:06:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit bryson's Homepage Send bryson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think that there is very little privately-owned marsh out there (in SC, at least). There are a small handful of them due to something like a "King's Grant" or something along those lines. I'm far from an expert, but I think most people's property starts at the high tide line at the very most.

I can tell you that I've never worried about wading any stretch of marsh. Just be respectful, don't tie up to a private dock or anything, and try to leave it better than you found it. If someone tries to tell you they own the marsh, I would be skeptical of that claim (though it's not impossible, just unlikely).

Please do post up what you find though, it's interesting.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
1994 Hewes Redfisher 18
Conchfish 178 build in progress...

Edited by - bryson on 08/19/2019 2:09:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

40inchreds

1783 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2019 :  2:53:25 PM  Show Profile Send 40inchreds a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was told if your in the water your not on anyone's property. The below the tide line thing is iffy because I've been told that by some but have had others be a D about it. I make my own judgement call based on the place and be respectful of others property. The fresh water areas are different some areas have crazy rules specific to that area.

Edited by - 40inchreds on 08/19/2019 2:54:57 PM
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
CharlestonFishing.Com © CharlestonFishing.Com, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000