Weather Recipes Search Charters Classifieds Sponsors YouTube Twitter Facebook FAQ's Calendar Resources CharlestonFishing.Com

a

b

c

d

e

f

g

CharlestonFishing.Com
CharlestonFishing.Com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Your Space
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Non-Fishing
 Sports
 2019/2020 CF.COM COLLEGE FOOTBALL PARLAY WEEK #1..
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

23Sailfish
Prolific Poster

22927 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2019 :  08:58:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit 23Sailfish's Homepage Send 23Sailfish a Private Message  Reply with Quote
2019/2020 CF College Football Parlay Official Rules:

Each week of the regular season of NCAA college football, I will choose between 8 and 15 games of interest. We will be specifically targeting our local teams here of course, plus those teams that are ranked nationally in the top 25.

The varying football schedule from week to week will reflect how many games we play. We've done this parlay for years and its been a blast for each and every week. There's lots of trash talking and discussion about the sport we are all so passionate about. Its all in good fun of course. It's a great time and I encourage everyone to participate.

This is a "For Fun" parlay only. No money to enter, but there will likely be prizes given away that have been donated by your fellow CF.comers.

I typically post the games that we are going to play on the Monday of game week. When I post these games, your responsibility is to respond to the same thread with your picks. If you don't want people to see your picks and copy you, simply wait until one minute before kickoff of the first game in the parlay and post your picks then. You will be picking against the spread. If you don't know what that means, feel free to PM me and I'll be glad to give you a detailed description. You have until 1 minute before official game time starts of the first game in the parlay to make your picks.

I will not except picks sent to me by PM; its only fair to everyone that everyone's picks are made publically. Plus, it keeps anyone from thinking that I'm in shenanigans with anyone else saying that they picked all the games correct when in fact they only got half right. It's how we keep things fair and its the best method that I've come up with to date.

If you make your picks after a game starts, you will forfeit that game and receive no points.

If you edit your picks after a game starts, you will forfeit all games up to that point in which you edited.

You may make picks over more than one post....meaning for example you may have one post with your "Thursday game" pick and another post with your "Saturday games" picks. Please limit how many times you do this. It makes accurately counting picks more difficult for me.

I will only look at the results of the games on Monday mornings, as this is the only way we can keep the parlay fair to everyone. I'm not going to record everyone's picks as they make them. No one has time for that. Besides, most people make picks on Monday and then edit them throughout the week as news breaks. This seems to be the easiest method for most. So, I'll only be able to read the picks that you've made on Monday mornings after all the games have concluded. That should be clear.

I will be the deciding factor on all CF College Football related issues/concerns/questions/appeals. I promise to be fair and just and not discriminate against anyone who wears orange and purple.

Each regular season game is worth one point.

For the college football top 4 playoff, each game will be worth 3 points and the National Championship Game will be worth 10 points.

If you pick all the games in a given week correct (at least 8 games), you will receive 3 bonus points for that week.

The person with the most points in the end wins it all.

With all that being said, I will make two separate threads after the first week. One will be the "CF College Football Parlay Week #1 Results" and one will be the "CF College Football Parlay Week #2." We'll follow this pattern through the entire college football season all the way to the national championship game.

Only after the national championship game is finished will we crown the "2019 College Football Parlay Champion." You will then have unlimited bragging rights for one year and you will receive no retaliation when you laugh and throw dirt at the ignorance of all others when it comes to college athletics. You will be king of college football for a year.

There will be prizes again this year; once I have an entire list of prizes donated, I will post that also. These prizes are donated from your fellow Charlestonfishing.comers. If these donated prizes have businesses, please support these guys. They are what helps make the CF College Football Parlay so much fun!!

Good luck and I look forward to another fantastic year! Everyone is welcome to participate. You do not need to donate anything to participate. Again, this parlay is for entertainment purposes only.

https://www.charlestonfishing.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=159134

By picking your games here, you agree to the above terms. Now, let's have some fun!!!

THE EARLY GAME!!!

SATURDAY AUGUST 24TH
7:00PM
+7 Miami at
-7 Florida

"Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality." --Peepod 07-25-2017

Edited by - 23Sailfish on 08/12/2019 3:11:19 PM

saltydog235
Prolific Poster

13179 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2019 :  11:13:55 AM  Show Profile  Send saltydog235 a Yahoo! Message Send saltydog235 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Florida

Mark
Southport 28TE
2X Yamaha F250
Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid" John Wayne

Go to Top of Page

Black Bart

2567 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2019 :  11:45:28 AM  Show Profile Send Black Bart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*accept ()

Florida.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm not a hundred percent in love with your tone right now..."
Go to Top of Page

Drake043
Intermediate Member

67 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2019 :  2:38:36 PM  Show Profile Send Drake043 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Florida

15' HIGH TIDE 40 YA
Go to Top of Page

justretired

417 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2019 :  10:23:32 PM  Show Profile Send justretired a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Florida
Go to Top of Page

upstateyakker

397 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2019 :  06:47:13 AM  Show Profile Send upstateyakker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Florida

Hewes Redfisher 21/200 VMAX
Go to Top of Page

smileypark

1140 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2019 :  07:25:38 AM  Show Profile Send smileypark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Florida
Go to Top of Page

23Sailfish
Prolific Poster

22927 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2019 :  07:50:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit 23Sailfish's Homepage Send 23Sailfish a Private Message  Reply with Quote
FLORIDA

"Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality." --Peepod 07-25-2017
Go to Top of Page

bangstick

2770 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2019 :  10:14:03 AM  Show Profile Send bangstick a Private Message  Reply with Quote
SATURDAY AUGUST 24TH
1. -7 Florida

"You don't always know where you stand till you know that you won't run away." ~Slipknot
Go to Top of Page

Moral Kiosk

450 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2019 :  12:05:58 PM  Show Profile Send Moral Kiosk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1. Florida
Go to Top of Page

phinfreak09

681 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2019 :  4:42:06 PM  Show Profile Send phinfreak09 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1. UF

"Good things come to those who bait"
Go to Top of Page

DoubleN

3445 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2019 :  7:49:38 PM  Show Profile Send DoubleN a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fla

NN
Go to Top of Page

tigerfin

3448 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2019 :  9:48:06 PM  Show Profile Send tigerfin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Flerida
Go to Top of Page

steven

1349 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2019 :  8:39:20 PM  Show Profile Send steven a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Florida
Go to Top of Page

Tarheel77

5 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2019 :  10:28:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Tarheel77's Homepage Send Tarheel77 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Miami
Go to Top of Page

wearthefishes

1226 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2019 :  4:24:30 PM  Show Profile Send wearthefishes a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Miami
Go to Top of Page

Tugted

1555 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2019 :  7:34:22 PM  Show Profile Send Tugted a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Florida

21 Contender
Go to Top of Page

ayejoe1017

1289 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2019 :  11:09:07 AM  Show Profile Send ayejoe1017 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
SATURDAY AUGUST 24TH
+7 Miami at
-7 Florida

quote:
Originally posted by Bolbie

...the harbor was slick as an eel pecker.

Go to Top of Page

pitviper0404

2720 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2019 :  4:21:08 PM  Show Profile Send pitviper0404 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
SATURDAY AUGUST 24TH
+7 Miami at
-7 Florida

One Simple Thanks!!

http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

Edited by - pitviper0404 on 08/24/2019 5:02:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

SurfFishLife

2253 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2019 :  4:40:35 PM  Show Profile Send SurfFishLife a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Florida

Of course it's my opinion. Whose opinion were you expecting?
Go to Top of Page

RADDADDY

1965 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2019 :  6:10:18 PM  Show Profile Send RADDADDY a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Florida
Go to Top of Page

DFreedom
Prolific Poster

14531 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2019 :  06:10:22 AM  Show Profile Send DFreedom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
FLO Rida

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?
Go to Top of Page

MIC-LITE

355 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2019 :  11:46:24 AM  Show Profile Send MIC-LITE a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1. Florida
Go to Top of Page

KoolSeas

671 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2019 :  7:41:38 PM  Show Profile Send KoolSeas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1. Miami

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start.
Nido Qubein
Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/topics/topic_inspirational.html#Ke3iSXsUtBJ1HUAv.99
Go to Top of Page

Mixed Nutz

5913 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2019 :  8:00:37 PM  Show Profile Send Mixed Nutz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Florida
Go to Top of Page

cofcfishing

390 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2019 :  08:36:13 AM  Show Profile Send cofcfishing a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Florida

"When men yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty quits the horizon." - Thomas Paine
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
CharlestonFishing.Com © CharlestonFishing.Com, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000