Weather Recipes Search Charters Classifieds Sponsors YouTube Twitter Facebook FAQ's Calendar Resources CharlestonFishing.Com

a

b

c

d

e

f

g

CharlestonFishing.Com
CharlestonFishing.Com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Your Space
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 CharlestonFishing.Com
 Inshore Discussion
 Big Bull caught in Shem the other day?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ducowti
Intermediate Member

63 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2019 :  08:51:15 AM  Show Profile Send ducowti a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Haven't seen this mentioned here - surely someone has some info on the 8ft bull caught maybe around the Geechie dock?

https://www.facebook.com/WCBDNews2/photos/a.164898866854883/2751416664869744/?type=3&theater

DFreedom
Prolific Poster

14531 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2019 :  09:12:39 AM  Show Profile Send DFreedom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Why kill it, it might have eaten some Yankee kayakers.

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?
Go to Top of Page

gail wins

2674 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2019 :  09:16:16 AM  Show Profile Send gail wins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's looking for an easy paddleboarder meal

George McDonald
US Navy Seabees,Retired,
MAD, Charleston Chapter
[http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see "Old Glory" waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero's that makes it wave.
author unknown
Go to Top of Page

staystrapped

176 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2019 :  09:17:37 AM  Show Profile Send staystrapped a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks like someone brought out the heavy steel leader for Shem Creek
Go to Top of Page

40inchreds

1806 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2019 :  09:23:18 AM  Show Profile Send 40inchreds a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The picture is of a lemon shark and I doubt it's 8ft. People swim with lemon sharks in the Bahamas, they are not a threat. The lemon shark is the most common big shark to catch around here. That dude has some heavy shark gear in the pic if he's shark fishing Shem creek he's a pos, that's tourist town. He probably was showing it off or selling it to the seafood market.
Go to Top of Page

izzydone

2393 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2019 :  10:58:09 AM  Show Profile Send izzydone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Pic was all over fb yesterday. Lemon shark

Ya know, it must be nice living in Neverneverland. Remind me to come visit you, when I need a break from reality.
Go to Top of Page

Reel Tight

405 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2019 :  11:22:50 AM  Show Profile Send Reel Tight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 40inchreds if he's shark fishing Shem creek he's a pos

Why?

leadenwahboy

2748 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2019 :  08:41:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit leadenwahboy's Homepage Send leadenwahboy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The amount of people that will ignore factual evidence and follow lock-step with someone saying "but DNR said it was a Bull Shark" is just astounding. It's a lemon, quite obviously so...hell even the news picked it up and ran with it to sensationalize it even more, even after seeing 300+ comments that overwhelmingly refuted the claim of a bull shark...

It's a sad world we live in.

Wadmalaw native
16' Bentz-Craft Flats Boat
Go to Top of Page

Russcue1

36 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2019 :  10:20:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Russcue1's Homepage Send Russcue1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was in Shem Ceek last week before they caught that shark and the word around the creek was there were some bulls hanging around the shrimp boats. I think that likely perpetuated the rumor when one was caught. Iím no sharkologist but that definitely appears to be a Lemon to me!
Go to Top of Page

yakgotstuck
Intermediate Member

140 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2019 :  8:10:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit yakgotstuck's Homepage Send yakgotstuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Did they kill it? Donít really see a reason why if itís just a lemon...

Sam Elliott
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJapLk9rt91Jop89mxRU7eg?
Go to Top of Page

40inchreds

1806 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2019 :  07:54:39 AM  Show Profile Send 40inchreds a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's no reason to kill any of our big sharks. When was the last time you've heard of a shark attack around here. Only the blacktips and spinners bite people by accident.
Go to Top of Page

izzydone

2393 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2019 :  7:37:08 PM  Show Profile Send izzydone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by yakgotstuck

Did they kill it? Donít really see a reason why if itís just a lemon...

Sam Elliott
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJapLk9rt91Jop89mxRU7eg?

1) Yes. It's dead. If not, it's faking pretty good
2) Bruised himself pretty good pounding his chest on this one

Ya know, it must be nice living in Neverneverland. Remind me to come visit you, when I need a break from reality.
Go to Top of Page

staystrapped

176 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2019 :  8:35:04 PM  Show Profile Send staystrapped a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I donít understand why they wouldnít just release it...are lemon sharks good eating?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
CharlestonFishing.Com © CharlestonFishing.Com, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000