Weather Recipes Search Charters Classifieds Sponsors YouTube Twitter Facebook FAQ's Calendar Resources CharlestonFishing.Com

a

b

c

d

e

f

g

CharlestonFishing.Com
CharlestonFishing.Com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Your Space
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 To The North
 Georgetown / Grand Strand
 Jetties?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

spooby42
Intermediate Member

57 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2019 :  07:39:12 AM  Show Profile Send spooby42 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What's the latest on the bite at the Murrells Inlet jetties? Anyone having any luck?

"Only a fool thinks he knows it all."

Badbobflyfishing

188 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2019 :  12:18:38 PM  Show Profile  Send Badbobflyfishing an AOL message Send Badbobflyfishing a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good luck getting an answer to that question. I have asked that question several times with no worthwhile response.

BadBob

Polar 1910 BB 150 Johnson
"Convict Hunter"

If you ain't the lead dog then the scenery never changes
Go to Top of Page

Off the chain

558 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2019 :  10:30:09 AM  Show Profile Send Off the chain a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah it kind of looks like I'm the lone ranger up here at the North end. I very seldom go out of murrells inlet. I'm lazy and don't like to walk that far to park the trailer. Haha. I know a couple of Old-Timers. They fish murrells inlet a couple times a month.they mostly fish for sheepshead. They say they have better luck at murrells than little river. If you make it out. let us know how you did.

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.
Go to Top of Page

Badbobflyfishing

188 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2019 :  12:00:09 PM  Show Profile  Send Badbobflyfishing an AOL message Send Badbobflyfishing a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks OTC for your reports. I read them all the time. I'm from the upstate and get down there 2-3 times per summer and try to see what's happening before I come. You apparently are the only guy that likes to share.
I will be down there next weekend for a few days and hope to wet a hook. Not planning to take my boat this time so most likely will only be surf fishing.

BadBob

"Convict Hunter"

Go to Top of Page

areeldrag

735 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2019 :  2:33:56 PM  Show Profile Send areeldrag a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Went the other week & walked to the Jetties from the state park. Did okay but it was all trash fish & some small BSB right on the bottom of the rocks.
Go to Top of Page

Off the chain

558 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2019 :  5:38:15 PM  Show Profile Send Off the chain a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's a good little hike. And I'm whining about walking from the parking lot to the boat landing haha.

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.
Go to Top of Page

Badbobflyfishing

188 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2019 :  12:00:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Badbobflyfishing an AOL message Send Badbobflyfishing a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Did that walk last year about this time. Wow that is a haul pulling a wagon with all the gear.

BadBob

"Convict Hunter"

Go to Top of Page

Redstripe

4404 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2019 :  01:41:57 AM  Show Profile Send Redstripe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Googans doing all the fishing. If guy ou know what yo6are doing you should do well early
Go to Top of Page

boatpoor

4181 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2019 :  9:16:10 PM  Show Profile Send boatpoor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That walk makes you appreciate a good wagon to haul you stuff in!
Go to Top of Page

Badbobflyfishing

188 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2019 :  12:14:57 PM  Show Profile  Send Badbobflyfishing an AOL message Send Badbobflyfishing a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes and I didn't have one.

BadBob

"Convict Hunter"

Go to Top of Page

areeldrag

735 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2019 :  6:33:16 PM  Show Profile Send areeldrag a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I did but had to pull gear, cooler, & my 3 yr old in it.
Go to Top of Page

Taz

1008 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2019 :  5:59:46 PM  Show Profile Send Taz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That "hike" at the boat ramp is one of many reasons I joined Freedom Boat Club. We're here for 2 weeks and I'm taking some buddies out tomorrow in the 23' Maycraft CC and again next week. The boat is clean, in the water and fueled up ready to go.

https://freedomboatclub.com/locations/99-murrells-inlet--sc/boats/

I'd rather fish than eat.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

In God We Trust
Go to Top of Page

areeldrag

735 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2019 :  2:43:22 PM  Show Profile Send areeldrag a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If I am at the ramp I will sometimes get a golf cart ride from the guy who sits at the ramp.
I assume he still does it or maybe just in the busy season.
Go to Top of Page

easyridingwo

189 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2019 :  06:45:11 AM  Show Profile Send easyridingwo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, the golf cart dude was there the last time I went. He's full of information too. He always knows what's biting because everyone catches a ride with him.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
CharlestonFishing.Com © CharlestonFishing.Com, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000