Weather Recipes Search Charters Classifieds Sponsors YouTube Twitter Facebook FAQ's Calendar Resources CharlestonFishing.Com

a

b

c

d

e

f

g

CharlestonFishing.Com
CharlestonFishing.Com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Your Space
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Non-Fishing
 Politics
 Wal-Mart?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Mixed Nutz

5917 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2019 :  7:03:23 PM  Show Profile Send Mixed Nutz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks like Wal-Mart will be bending to the social pressure of "Gun Control".

Will they also remove violent video games, and movies, from their shelves, along with psycotrophic drugs from their pharmacies?

Don't bet on it!!!

Edited by - Mixed Nutz on 09/04/2019 07:33:38 AM

Bayrider7365

3229 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2019 :  7:24:47 PM  Show Profile Send Bayrider7365 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dem drum beat is for private sales background checks

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2019/09/02/abbott-says-odessa-gunman-failed-background-check-criminals-dont-follow-gun-rules-813467

since dems only believe propaganda, CNN should report that criminals don't follow gun laws

enough money, you can get whatever you want just like the Odessa shooter & Walmart accomplishes nothing but accords from the left
Go to Top of Page

Fred67
Prolific Poster

14415 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2019 :  8:19:19 PM  Show Profile Send Fred67 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ONe less reason to go to wallyworld.. If you shop the different ammo web sites you can get it cheaper than at Walmart anyway. Just loose the convenience. Hate that they are caving.
Go to Top of Page

DFreedom
Prolific Poster

14532 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2019 :  08:53:09 AM  Show Profile Send DFreedom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What these numb nuts don't seem to understand is this. The regulation of private sales (background checks, registration) requires that people follow a LAW. The people that follow the law are rarely if ever, the people you have to worry about. Criminals and those with mental health issues will not be deterred by another law. Progressives simply do not seem to grasp that more laws won't fix the problem because criminals don't follow existing laws. This will simply make some people feel better.

As for Wally World, when will they stop selling alcohol and cigarettes? I can't say I have ever bought guns or ammo from them.

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?
Go to Top of Page

Off the chain

562 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2019 :  09:20:48 AM  Show Profile Send Off the chain a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Support your local gun store.
You're not saving that much money by the time you pay shipping anyway.
The only thing I buy online is reloading supplies. And the big reason for that. I just do not have a local source.

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.
Go to Top of Page

P-K

1245 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2019 :  4:38:46 PM  Show Profile Send P-K a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How many of you posters bought your munitions from WalMart ?
Go to Top of Page

Off the chain

562 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2019 :  6:22:34 PM  Show Profile Send Off the chain a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My wife has a time or two. She belongs to a female shooting group. And thay ask they only use factory ammo. And yes I have to raise my hand I am guilty also. I have bought bird shot from them before.

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.
Go to Top of Page

Bayrider7365

3229 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2019 :  6:36:32 PM  Show Profile Send Bayrider7365 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How about tennis rackets? Should they stop selling them too?

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2019/09/01/watch-tennis-player-fined-10000-for-using-gun-gesture/

wait for the windshield washer drinking challenge......they ate Tide Pods didn't they?
Go to Top of Page

Mixed Nutz

5917 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2019 :  7:13:14 PM  Show Profile Send Mixed Nutz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by P-K

I have, only once, wile I was wading through the local force of "Illegals" shopping there...
Go to Top of Page

P-K

1245 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2019 :  7:42:27 PM  Show Profile Send P-K a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mixed Nutz

quote:
Originally posted by P-K

I have, only once, wile I was wading through the local force of "Illegals" shopping there...

Then why care what they choose to selll?

Edited by - P-K on 09/04/2019 7:43:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

DoubleN

3446 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2019 :  7:52:13 PM  Show Profile Send DoubleN a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by P-K

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by P-K

I've bought some there, as well as elsewhere.

PK, where do you go for yours?? Need a deal.

NN
Go to Top of Page

P-K

1245 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2019 :  8:05:47 PM  Show Profile Send P-K a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DoubleN

quote:
Originally posted by P-K

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by P-K

I've bought some there, as well as elsewhere.

PK, where do you go for yours?? Need a deal.

NN

BPS, Cabelaís,Dicks, No place in particular
Go to Top of Page

Off the chain

562 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2019 :  8:29:01 PM  Show Profile Send Off the chain a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dicks?? They still sell ammo.

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.
Go to Top of Page

P-K

1245 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2019 :  8:34:31 PM  Show Profile Send P-K a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Off the chain

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.

Think so. Havenít been there in awhile though.
Go to Top of Page

DoubleN

3446 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2019 :  8:44:03 PM  Show Profile Send DoubleN a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by P-K

quote:

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.

Think so. Havenít been there in awhile though.

OTC, They probably have a lot leftover for some reason.

NN
Go to Top of Page

Fred67
Prolific Poster

14415 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2019 :  06:36:56 AM  Show Profile Send Fred67 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by P-K

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by P-K

Exactly PK! Now you get it! Why have to make and sell a cake designed for a Queer Wedding? A business should be able to do what they want, how they want. If they loose money, it's on them.

I think Dick's P@ssied out. I don't believe they have anything to do with sporting shooting occasions.

I Got 200 rounds of Green tip .556 from wally world last week for $59.00 sometimes they actually have some great deals. I park by the service center and don't have to deal with crowds or lines...too often.
Go to Top of Page

Off the chain

562 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2019 :  12:29:30 PM  Show Profile Send Off the chain a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Walmart so worried about this evil ammunition. Why are they selling off their existing stock. Shouldn't they just destroy it.
Walmart, Kroger's, CVS. & a number of other chain stores in states where it's legal to open carry. Are asking their customers not to.
And these so-called social justice warriors. Walking up & down the street armed to the hilt. giving the police a hard time. A bunch of babbling fools. Claiming thay are educating the police and everyone else on the 2nd amendment. I personally think open carry does not make sense. In my opinion that would make you the first Target of a bad guy. It's idiots like this that gives the Dema rats fuel for the fires.
https://www.npr.org/2019/08/09/749763786/rifle-carrying-man-arrested-after-causing-panic-at-walmart-in-missouri

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.
Go to Top of Page

Fred67
Prolific Poster

14415 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2019 :  1:08:39 PM  Show Profile Send Fred67 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Walmart so worried about this evil ammunition. Why are they selling off their existing stock. Shouldn't they just destroy it.
Walmart, Kroger's, CVS. & a number of other chain stores in states where it's legal to open carry. Are asking their customers not to.
And these so-called social justice warriors. Walking up & down the street armed to the hilt. giving the police a hard time. A bunch of babbling fools. Claiming thay are educating the police and everyone else on the 2nd amendment. I personally think open carry does not make sense. In my opinion that would make you the first Target of a bad guy. It's idiots like this that gives the Dema rats fuel for the fires.
https://www.npr.org/2019/08/09/749763786/rifle-carrying-man-arrested-after-causing-panic-at-walmart-in-missouri

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.

Just goes to show we have idiots on both sides. It's a wonder old boy wasn't shot for being so stupid.
Go to Top of Page

gotchacovered
SPONSOR

24672 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2019 :  11:24:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit gotchacovered's Homepage Send gotchacovered a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by P-K

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by P-K

Why do you care why we care?

Gotcha Covered,
Lee Strickland
Strickland Marine Insurance Agency, Inc.
https://stricklandmarineinsurance.com
843-795-1000 / 800-446-1862
Go to Top of Page

P-K

1245 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2019 :  4:37:55 PM  Show Profile Send P-K a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gotchacovered

quote:
Originally posted by P-K

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by P-K

Gotcha Covered,
Lee Strickland

You mistake curiosity for caring. I would like to hear what Mixed Nutz thinks as he started the thread.
Go to Top of Page

Off the chain

562 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2019 :  5:44:29 PM  Show Profile Send Off the chain a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wife come home from Walmart today with a couple boxes of 220 grain subsonic blackout.
$20 for 60 count box. She asked the guy working the counter. when they were going to stop selling all this evil ammo. And if they were going to discount it. He told her. Probably won't be any discounts. No time soon . They have warehouses full of ammo.

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.
Go to Top of Page

P-K

1245 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2019 :  6:53:58 PM  Show Profile Send P-K a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Wife come home from Walmart today with a couple boxes of 220 grain subsonic blackout.
$20 for 60 count box. She asked the guy working the counter. when they were going to stop selling all this evil ammo. And if they were going to discount it. He told her. Probably won't be any discounts. No time soon . They have warehouses full of ammo.

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.

a stocker @ Walmart said they have warehouses full? LOL!
most cant tell you where the bathroom is ...
Go to Top of Page

gotchacovered
SPONSOR

24672 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2019 :  08:05:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit gotchacovered's Homepage Send gotchacovered a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by P-K

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by P-K

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by P-K

Gotcha Covered,
Lee Strickland

You mistake curiosity for caring. I would like to hear what Mixed Nutz thinks as he started the thread.

I doubt that. Also, you originally asked everyone rather than just MN.

People care about this because it shows yet more "progress" for the anti-America campaign that seeks passionately--as part of it's overall effort to destroy all things traditionally American and Judeo-Christian--to reduce legitimate, legal access by law-abiding Americans to legitimate, legal firearms and ammunition by whatever means possible. I buy mostly local for outdoors stuff, but places like Walmart helped keep ammo prices within reasonable ranges and was one of the only places you could even get any ammo at all when gun-grabbing Obama inadvertently caused a buying spree with his gun-control rhetoric in 2013. Back then, Walmart was about the only place anyone could even find any .22 plinker ammo. You're not stupid, man. You know this is a win for the gun-grabbers. Ammo will be a bit more expensive and a bit less accessible to the average, good American now. Violent criminals and psychos will still get what they need to do their evil deeds and will just use something else if necessary--like violently insane Antifa is already doing, with support of the Democratic Party, mind you. The liberal Left is so passionate about reducing gun access for good, decent, lawful Americans while they simultaneously support domestic terrorism by gangs like Antifa who physically attack people regularly these days and make violence-inciting commentary commonly, including large-scale death-threats against Consevative Americans in general. If you want your government to do something against violence, you need to ask them to do something about that. They should be outlawing concrete milkshakes and black masks in public. They are being used as deadly weapons--fascist style--by those cowardly Liberals who say they are for peace but perpetrate violent hate crimes, gang style, from behind the anonymous safety of black masks--like terrorists or bank-robbers do. Instead of doing something about maniacs in black masks who are assaulting people regularly with hammers, knives, and concrete "milkshakes," the left honestly wants us to beloeve that we should be more worried about grandpa taking junior to Walmart to get a box of .22 shorts for some wholesome target practice? Uhm, no. that's insane.

Gotcha Covered,
Lee Strickland
Go to Top of Page

poly ball

3280 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2019 :  08:53:15 AM  Show Profile Send poly ball a Private Message  Reply with Quote
c/p

A month after 22 people were fatally shot at a Walmart in El Paso, Texas, the retailer is requesting that customers refrain from openly carrying guns into its stores. The company also plans to stop selling some types of ammunition and end handgun sales in Alaska, the only state where it still sells such weapons.

Since El Paso, Walmart has experienced multiple incidents in which individuals "attempting to make a statement" entered a store wielding a firearm, frightening workers and customers, Walmart CEO Doug McMillon said Tuesday in news release. He also relayed incidents in which "well-intentioned customers acting lawfully" inadvertently caused stores to be evacuated and local law enforcement to be called in to respond.

"These incidents are concerning and we would like to avoid them, so we are respectfully requesting that customers no longer openly carry firearms into our stores or Sam's Clubs in states where 'open carry' is permitted Ė unless they are authorized law enforcement officers," McMillon said.

Walmart will continue selling long-barrel deer rifles and shotguns, much of the ammunition they require, as well as hunting and sporting accessories and apparel.

Go to Top of Page

Off the chain

562 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2019 :  10:08:18 AM  Show Profile Send Off the chain a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just exactly what Lee said. That was a major victory for the gun grabbers. Feinstein or pelosi years ago. made a statement about banning or taxing ammunition out of existence. California you already have to have a background check to buy ammo. The next step is they're going to make it more difficult on the manufacturers & retailers.there's going to be some kind of ridiculous storage and transportation laws. I try to use the smaller mom and pop gun stores to buy ammo. But they just don't have any inventory to speak of.here in NMB is kind of limited. We have Bass pro shop and that's about it.
https://youtu.be/5cyqG1AquPI

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.
Go to Top of Page

Mixed Nutz

5917 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2019 :  6:46:16 PM  Show Profile Send Mixed Nutz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by P-K

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by P-K

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by P-K

Gotcha Covered,
Lee Strickland

I'll be happy to answer any questions you have, but, I'm "curious" as to why you avoided my questions in the OP?

Edited by - Mixed Nutz on 09/11/2019 7:49:53 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
CharlestonFishing.Com © CharlestonFishing.Com, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000