Weather Recipes Search Charters Classifieds Sponsors YouTube Twitter Facebook FAQ's Calendar Resources CharlestonFishing.Com

a

b

c

d

e

f

g

CharlestonFishing.Com
CharlestonFishing.Com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Your Space
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 CharlestonFishing.Com
 Inshore Reports
 Post Hurricane Fishing?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

FVTinny
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2019 :  12:18:08 PM  Show Profile Send FVTinny a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So I was thinking of going out this weekend and I understand the salinity will be down which the fish don't like but Im tired of being inside with the storm. Any opinions on if I have a chance? Or if im wrong?

F/V Tinny will live forever

Edited by - FVTinny on 09/06/2019 12:18:41 PM

SeaSkirl

42 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2019 :  4:43:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit SeaSkirl's Homepage Send SeaSkirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Im headed out in a few to try my luck. Heading down to Folly / Kiawah hoping closer to the ocean will be less brackish. I have no clue if this will work but beats the hell out of sweating inside with no power
Go to Top of Page

staystrapped

176 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2019 :  6:14:09 PM  Show Profile Send staystrapped a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Folly beach has tons of mullet on the north end
Go to Top of Page

SeaSkirl

42 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2019 :  4:32:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit SeaSkirl's Homepage Send SeaSkirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Went out Friday on Kiawah. Fished from 5-6:30 and caught ~10 upper slot reds and ~smaller ones. Went up Wando Sat AM and wife caught one 21, combined caught 9 or 10 that were 9-14 and 3 9-13 trout.

Headed out to Folly right now hoping we can get some casts in before the tide gets too high
Go to Top of Page

FVTinny
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2019 :  10:47:10 PM  Show Profile Send FVTinny a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow What a report! Guess the fish are over it(dorian). !m headed to IOP soon to see whats happening around capers.

F/V Tinny will live forever
Go to Top of Page

SeaSkirl

42 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2019 :  3:24:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit SeaSkirl's Homepage Send SeaSkirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Got out too late to do anything but look for them in the flat which isnt ideal without a flats boat. Luckily found one in Kiawah we could cast too from the main river. Must have seen 20+ the flat. Caught one. Missed a couple more. Great to see that many out there
Go to Top of Page

on the chase
Intermediate Member

117 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2019 :  12:37:00 PM  Show Profile Send on the chase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
SeaSkirl, flats are usually hard bottom and walkable. Use old shoes or wading boots and walk the flat. You don't need a flats boat, just a means to get onto a good flat. Find a small creek mouth flanking the flat and take boat in as far as you can. Taller grass usually indicate the creeks.

Edited by - on the chase on 09/12/2019 12:39:20 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
CharlestonFishing.Com © CharlestonFishing.Com, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000