Weather Recipes Search Charters Classifieds Sponsors YouTube Twitter Facebook FAQ's Calendar Resources CharlestonFishing.Com

a

b

c

d

e

f

g

CharlestonFishing.Com
CharlestonFishing.Com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Your Space
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Non-Fishing
 Off Topic
 Azalea Red Headed Caterpillars
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DoubleN

3446 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2019 :  7:24:40 PM  Show Profile Send DoubleN a Private Message  Reply with Quote
These jokers are eating the crap out of my azaleas.....first time ever seeing them.

Remedy???

Thanks
NN

sman

1393 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2019 :  8:16:26 PM  Show Profile Send sman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I used malathion when they got on mine.
Go to Top of Page

DFreedom
Prolific Poster

14532 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2019 :  8:17:32 PM  Show Profile Send DFreedom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm, never seen or heard of such a thing. Pictures??

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?
Go to Top of Page

DoubleN

3446 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2019 :  9:21:03 PM  Show Profile Send DoubleN a Private Message  Reply with Quote

They are everywhere. Never before.

NN
Go to Top of Page

sman

1393 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2019 :  05:12:57 AM  Show Profile Send sman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This was the first time I had a problem with them,about a month ago. I wish I still had some leftover ddt.haha
Go to Top of Page

DFreedom
Prolific Poster

14532 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2019 :  06:01:11 AM  Show Profile Send DFreedom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll keep my eyes open for those little suckers.

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?
Go to Top of Page

Fred67
Prolific Poster

14415 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2019 :  06:07:17 AM  Show Profile Send Fred67 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Smush em. I get them some years worse than others.
Go to Top of Page

tanksgt

630 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2019 :  09:47:08 AM  Show Profile Send tanksgt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have seen an increase in insects after the resent tropical storm. So called "love bugs" are very abundant. The best way to control the little buggers is to run into them with a car.

ZX
Go to Top of Page

wearthefishes

1226 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2019 :  10:04:37 AM  Show Profile Send wearthefishes a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sevin, malathion, #7 hook.
Go to Top of Page

Spoonmaster

758 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2019 :  12:30:47 PM  Show Profile Send Spoonmaster a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Get some bacillus thuringiensis, BT for short, it kills caterpillars and is not toxic to humans.
Go to Top of Page

TheMechanic

1159 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2019 :  1:35:14 PM  Show Profile Send TheMechanic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
tractor supply sells malathion

Go to Top of Page

Fred67
Prolific Poster

14415 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2019 :  3:28:47 PM  Show Profile Send Fred67 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tanksgt

I have seen an increase in insects after the resent tropical storm. So called "love bugs" are very abundant. The best way to control the little buggers is to run into them with a car.

ZX

Worst year ever for love bugs at my house. Glad they donít bite!
Go to Top of Page

wearthefishes

1226 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2019 :  4:25:15 PM  Show Profile Send wearthefishes a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Saw this on FB, half fill white bowl with water, pour baby oil on surface of water.

Go to Top of Page

DoubleN

3446 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2019 :  5:21:16 PM  Show Profile Send DoubleN a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I sprayed with Mathion. They quit chewing quickly!!

I need some of those tearaway windshield layers like NASCAR when I come down that way!!

Thanks Folks

NN
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
CharlestonFishing.Com © CharlestonFishing.Com, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000