Bad start to a vacation

On our way home yesterday, I saw a 28-30 ft center console on it’s side. This was on 26 eastbound just south of 77 in Columbia.The truck was in the median and the boat was still on the trailer on it’s side. I’m sure it twisted the trailer pretty bad, but I don’t think the boat got hurt that bad. Every time I see something like that, it makes me reconsider pulling my boat back and forth on every trip. Anyway, I hope the guy can salvage the rest of his trip. Maybe if the boat wasn’t hurt too bad the wrecker company can drop the boat in the water so he can fish.

Cape Horn 24OS
twin 150 Optimax

I don’t want to be rich,
I just want 1 dollar more than I can spend!

Bummer, I must have missed that coming back from Charleston. It is a bit nerve racking dragging the boat back and forth but that is mainly because of the idiots around you. It never ceases to amaze me how someone will fly up to the point where your prop is about to touch their hood then they whip out to go around you.

freedom; sounds like you may be blaming the accident on somebody else when you said that you missed it. ever think that it could be driver error on the owners part? just sayin. when you pull your boat you have to be more careful than those around you i would think.

Thank you cool breeze. I drive over 800 miles a week for sales job. I just shake my head when a F250 (insert truck brand here0 towing a 20 something foot CC passes me in the left lane when I am doing 75 in right lane. Unbelievable how much this happens.

The water has been here for thousands of years it is going anywhere. Slow Down don’t speed up.

quote:
Originally posted by COOLBREEZE

freedom; sounds like you may be blaming the accident on somebody else when you said that you missed it. ever think that it could be driver error on the owners part? just sayin. when you pull your boat you have to be more careful than those around you i would think.

I believes he meant “missed seeing it”.

“I am constantly amazed at the stupidity of the general public.”
~my dad

Equipment:
190cc Sea Pro w/130 Johnson
1- 15 year old
1 - 11 year old
1 - wife (The Warden)

ECFC

Thanks Claim…that is exactly what I meant. I wasn’t “blaming” anyone, just commenting on poor driving practices. Personally, I find a good, safe speed (about 70 - 72)and stay in the right-hand lane for the most part. I realize towing a boat requires added caution and constant alertness and practice both. Not really sure how you gathered I was assigning blame to anyone, just commenting.

sorry freedom; did not mean to hit you hard but it read as if you were blaming the other person. i meant to say missed it. thank you claim for clearing that up. i too drive between 8-900 miles a week on the road for the last 35 years. i too have probably almost caused or have caused a bump up or two. we all have to be careful whether we are pulling a boat or just driving. there are a lot of us out there who have decided that “it is all about me”. there is entirely too much road rage.
take for example the clemson player from andrews who beat a guy almost senseless at an intersection in clemson the other week. the clemson police actually arrested a football player even though it took ole dabo dabo doo a week to bring it out that the kid had been let go of the team for violating team rules. the kids name is cumbee.

we saw one that had come off of the trailer and was in the middle of the road not long ago…amazes me that most new trailers dont com with a safety chainand folks dont put one on …i know…it may not stop it but it sure does help, esp if you have the teflon skids or rollers on your trailers

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

He must have had this boat strapped down because it was still on the trailer. It just made me think how easy that could happen to me. I have a 450 mile round trip every time I come to Charleston, so a lot could happen. It may or may not have been his fault, I don’t know. I just know that the more I make that trip, the more I want a little chunk of ground close to Mt Pleasant to park my boat and my butt on.

Cape Horn 24OS
twin 150 Optimax

I don’t want to be rich,

No problem Coolbreeze, thanks for the apology.

I live off of the #125 exit on 26 and tow my boat down every time.It is not as far as you Brianh,I feel for ya.As for safety chain penfishn its just for looks take my word for it I know.Dont get me wrong I put mine on my Grady but I dont exspect it to keep my boat on the trailer.I tow mine between 60 and 65.9000lbs is hard to stop quickly.Have had a 24ft knocked of trailer by a RV so I am on guard when towing my boat.Hate it for the guy who lost his boat.It is a sick feeling to see your boat on the road.

“Catchin’ Hell II”
Grady White Sailfish 27
Twin 225 Yamahas

Hooked, Is your Grady White a walk around cuddy?

Cape Horn 24OS
twin 150 Optimax

I don’t want to be rich,

brianh, yes it is a walk around cuddy

“Catchin’ Hell II”
Grady White Sailfish 27
Twin 225 Yamahas

If jan stumbles upon this message, he could tell you all about his bass-boat going through the back window of his suburban years ago in an accident on the way home from striper fishing. not his fault at all and everybody was ok, but makes you realize how serious an accident can be when you’ve got thousands of lbs of anything hooked to the back of your vehicle. when you go from highway speeds to a stop in a second, that boat is going somewhere.

Sea Hunt Triton 186
Yamaha F115

Creekrat, I remember as a kid, my dad had a cajun bass boat. we were on our way to the lake and somebody ran into the back of that boat. If the truck had not had a ladder rack on it, the boat would have been in the cab with us.

Cape Horn 24OS
twin 150 Optimax

I don’t want to be rich,