Miss Amanda 7/8......Cobia......

My buddy Chris and I went bottom bumping in between 90’ and 110’. We really wanted to catch some grouper and triggers, but I still have a lot to learn. We did not catch any of those.:roll_eyes: It’s kind of funny because in the past I would catch them pretty decent, but the last two trips I have tried to specifically target the grouper and triggers and have zeroed out.:angry: I guess I need to learn how to hold my mouth.:wink: We caught a lot of nice c-bass, some b-liners, white grunts and a couple pinkies. I also reeled in another hefty shark. We also caught a few cobia with two of them being decent keepers @ around 20 #s each.:smiley::wink: One of the keepers hit a live bait and the other keeper hit cut bait. The keeper cobia and the shark did not do my back any favors…[:0]:smiley::wink:
It was real snotty on the way out and while we fished. Of course, it layed down as we were getting ready to head in.
As soon as I get the pics, I will post them…

“Miss Amanda”
-KeyWest
-Bluewater 2020CC
-Yammy F-150

www.joinrfa.orgGod is GOOD!! ALL the time!!
The shortest distance between a problem and a solution is the distance between your knees and the floor.
The one who kneels to the Lord can stand up to anything.
</font id=“blue”>

Way to go Lynn. I’ve not caught a Cobia yet, so two that big is a great day in my book. At least you put a lot of fish into the boat man. Glad you had a good day.

2003 Sea Pro 220
“Reelly Blessed”</font id=“blue”>
2002 Yamaha 250 OX66

Yeah it was a good day Adam!
Actually, the two cobia were a little bigger than just 20#s. :smiley::wink:

Here are some pics that do not do justice. I wish I would have got some better angles, but who cares, it was a fun day regardless of size and weight…

I believe this was a small tiger.

Me in a battle…

The first cobia and some blood. :slightly_smiling_face:

My friend Chris and cobia #2.

Some more blood.

“Miss Amanda”
-KeyWest
-Bluewater 2020CC
-Yammy F-150

The shortest distance between a problem and a solution is the distance between your knees and the floor.
</font id=“blue”>

Tiger shark 100%

And those cobia are 20 kilos each! 40+ on both!! nice fish

NMFS = No More Fishing Season

“Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him”

Nice fish to both of ya. Chris I know your happy. Miss Amanda strikes again. I got 2 weeks lets fish. I still like this cobia caught with this rod

with this hook

on the Miss Amanda better :smiley: Thanks for pullin the anchor that day.

Yeah Ronnie, that was a fun day! That was the first cobia landed on my bote. We were lucky to get that one in!
I’m ready to fish whenever the wx allows it!!

“Miss Amanda”
-KeyWest
-Bluewater 2020CC
-Yammy F-150

</font id=“blue”>

Lynn, you can make a bigger mess than most people I know…nice on the cobia!

animal cruelty sucks…unless his lip hurts cause there is a 1/0 Owner Aki hook with a chinaback stuck in it

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

Lynn I see you were wearing your belt this time. LOL!!:stuck_out_tongue::wink::smiley:

2003 Sea Pro 220
“Reelly Blessed”</font id=“blue”>
2002 Yamaha 250 OX66

Glad I didn’t have to clean the boat!

Long Enuff

@ Bozo: I love the mess when it’s caused by some good eats!! :stuck_out_tongue:

@ Adam: Yeah, I figured that we would take them just in case… :smiley::wink:

@ LE: C’mon, you know you would have loved it! :wink:

“Miss Amanda”
-KeyWest
-Bluewater 2020CC
-Yammy F-150

</font id=“blue”>

quote:
Originally posted by lynnmcd

@ Bozo: I love the mess when it’s caused by some good eats!! :stuck_out_tongue:

</font id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”>

@ Bozo ~ BOOYAH! :smiley:

animal cruelty sucks…unless his lip hurts cause there is a 1/0 Owner Aki hook with a chinaback stuck in it

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

Nothing prettier in my book then a good bloody deck (as long as it’s from the fish)!! Heck, I have a few fish blood stains on my Whaler that I purposely don’t scrub off just to keep the memory of the fish alive!

Dang nice job on them cobias. Glad ya met that tiger shark on your turf, instead of his!:slight_smile:

Russ B.
www.joinrfa.org
God is great, Beer is good, People are crazy

Yeah Russ, along with a bloody deck, I love wearing a new fishing shirt and getting it broke in right!! :slightly_smiling_face:
Of course, my wonderful wife doesn’t get quite as excited about the fish blood and guts stains as I do… :face_with_head_bandage:[:0]:smiley::wink:

“Miss Amanda”
-KeyWest
-Bluewater 2020CC
-Yammy F-150

</font id=“blue”>

Yeah, I love wearin my white columbia fishing shirt and gettin it all bloodied up! Have forgotten a few times and walked into store on way home with it on still and given a few folks quite a shock when they see me walkin in all covered in blood! Actually had a Folly cop walk in Berts when I was in there like that and give me a long hard look untill I told him to “smell it, really, it’s fish blood”!! We both got a big laugh out of it.

It’s amazing tho, its treated with something that keeps the blood from staining. Have left it sittin out for a few days before washing it before and the blood washes right out of it. The field and stream ones don’t seem to come as clean as the columbia shirts, but they are a lot less money. I allways wear long sleeve spf50 shirts fishin.

Russ B.
www.joinrfa.org
God is great, Beer is good, People are crazy

Good job, Lynn and Chris! I LOVE cobia. We’ve only caught (or shall I say landed?) one, and that was last year.

Gotta agree with you and Russ on the fish blood(y) deck! Just something about the site of that is cool and says the job is gettin’ done right!

I ALWAYS keep a change of clothes with me when fishing in or offshore, though. Never know when you’ll have a wardrobe malfunction or get soaked in fish blood and skeege! :slight_smile:

Atta boy! Almost finished with this move and then hope to get back out there with ya’!

Key West 21’6" BayReef
225 Honda
Tightlines and God Bless

quote:
Originally posted by Got2Go

Atta boy! Almost finished with this move and then hope to get back out there with ya’!

Key West 21’6" BayReef
225 Honda
Tightlines and God Bless

Sounds like a plan!!
Call me after church…

“Miss Amanda”
-KeyWest
-Bluewater 2020CC
-Yammy F-150

</font id=“blue”>

(**() bro whats up with u and those big azz sharks.
If i were you i would never get in the water out there as they seem to be attracted to you. :slight_smile: Nice Cobia day makers for sure.
My boats still down but holding my breath they find the problem before thursday as i’m headed to Oregon inlet NC on vacation.God willing i’ll be posting some pics of yellow fin tuna next week.
Again great pics and fish!

“Destiny” 35ft
Contender and “Scintilla” 20ft Keywest, Manning SC

Very nicely done there Lynn! I’ll take a bloody boat like that any time out (as long as it’s fish blood and not me or one of my mates).

“So this is how democracy dies…with thunderous applause”.

GW 205
F200 Yam

way to go lynn looks like u got the cobia figured out!! NICE

19’ Key West CC 140 Johnson
16’ War Eagle 40 Yami
12’ Alumacraft 1954 Johnson 5.5

VOTE DEMOCRATIC ITS EASIER THAN GETTING A JOB!