Upper Wando 7/14-7/16

I have had a good bit of time the past few days to get out on the water and It has been great fishing. On wed. I met up with NikonJedi and we fished in pouring down rain for almost five hours. We managed about 10 reds b/t us with all but one 28" fish in the slot. I also managed one trout and Nikon caught a gar. I do not know why but for some reason the gar have been almost as thick as the bait this year. I have never seen them in any numbers in salt water before, but for some reason they have decided to make the upper wando their new home.

Thurs. My brother came to town and I took him out for about 7 hours. The first hour was spent explaining kayak fishing to him since he has never really done it and another hour getting bait. We ended up fishing the last part of low and the first part couple hours of the rising. I picked 8 reds, 2 good sized trout, and another a gar. My brother picked up 4 reds(which were all firsts for him and a few rays. All reds were b/t 20-27".

Friday I went out by myself and decided to fish from 5pm-untill. I had an awesome time. I started out catching a couple of 8-9" reds but about an hour before dark the fishing got insane. I set up with a a big oyster mound on a drop off to my right and a big mud flat to my left. For the next two hours i pulled 18-22" from my right and 24-28" from my left as fast as I could get lines out. After the water started coming up i decided to prospect for gigging but the water ended up being way to dirty. (only about 6" of vis)

I moved to another flat and picked up a few more over slot fish before i started throwing topwater. I picked up a couple of trout, several lady fish, and a couple of more reds before switching back to bait. I moved to another mud flat up in a creek and started getting into some monsters. I fished the flat and the grass untill about 1 am and landed 5 more reds all over 30". It ended up being me who had gave up bc my arms were killing me. I have no idea how many reds i caught but it has to be somewhere close to

1am… you’re crazy. Sounds like a lot of fun.
I’d like to try that! Let me know if you’d like some company.