1994 30 hp Yamaha motor problem

I have been through carbs.(2xs) last time with rebuild kit. Changed plugs, gas tank, 10 micron fuel filter, changed fuel pump soft parts, and in summary a fuel system makeover. The motor still idles unreliable and will not tank an easy advance of throttle. Seems to sputter and then suddenly takes off. Seems to run fine from that point to wide oepn.

Is there a possibe CDI(ignition) problem. Motor is old but ran fine for many years. I do not get it.

Anyone want to guess???

it’s sucking air from somewhere…get a can of brake clean or starting fluid…with it idling spray around the gaskets behind the carbs and block etc ,when the engine speeds up you found the leak.

26’ Twinvee
Twin Suzuki 175’s
www.creeksidemetalworks.com

could still be a carb issue as well

www.teamcharlestonmarine.com
www.joinrfa.org

Went through timing setup and still ran funky. Uncle was present(old motorcycle mechanic) and he said its a carb problem(idle circuit) as he sprayed carb cleaner in the carbs and listened to the return effect. Removed carb rack and two of the carb butterflies were not all the way closed at idle. Readjusted these and it appears much improved. Will try on river soon. Thanks for the tips. Made me look harder at it.