Higher than predicted

Hey I do not know what the water is doing up Charleston way, but it has been higher than predicted around Beaufort for over a week. Yesterday I had appointments from 1100-330, so I knew I would not get lunch. Anyway I ended up taking lunch from 9-1000, which just happened to be the last hour of incoming on a flat near me. It was only a 7.2 tide, on a flat that normally would take a 7.6-7.8 to amount to anything. In 45 minutes saw 5 fish, cast to two and hooked up twice, lost one, landed one.

Same here John, after seeing your email yesterday, we checked one out today during lunch which normally needs a good 7.6 or above, and that only fills up a little bit.

Once we got out there, the water was wayy passed the “first fill spot”, and kept rolling in! Fish everywhere! Cound’t stay long, but when we left, the whole flat was covered…usually we only see water like that on a predicted 8.3 or above tide!

So yes, I know we are in the same place (Beaufort), but I 2nd the high"er" than predicted tides!

Hopefully they stay like this, I will be out tomorrow and maybe Sunday!

Tight lines!:sunglasses:

Easterly winds