amberjack

I had a fishing friend come to town with his boat (WASABI). We fished offshore 300/350 ft range and caught a 123 lb amberjack. Pending for certification of state record. Will try post pictures later.

[:0]

how long was the battle? My arms and shoulders are sore just thinking about that.

“Sometimes I think it’s a shame, when I start feelin better when I’m feelin no pain…”.

GW 205
F200 Yam

THAT IS A MONSTER!

http://www.stellamarisseafood.com/

NMFS = No More Fishing Season

“Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him”

sounds more like a giant trevally to me…if they were around here that is. Congrats man, that is a beast!! hope you guys get the record.

Silvergf, saw that boat on the trailer on P island by the landing, nice rig three 275’s. I thought maybe someone had a new play toy. Good job on the fish

Local Boy, Just having fun.

PICTURES?

quote:
Originally posted by Plan C

my boat won’t even run without fried chicken and cold beer

I’ve caught a lot of 60 - 70lb AJ but I can’t even imagine how hard a 123lb aj fights.
Congratulations.

ps.I’ve got some Ben Gay if you need it!

Cape Horn 24OS
twin 150 Optimax

I don’t want to be rich,
I just want 1 dollar more than I can spend!

quote:
Originally posted by silvergf

I had a fishing friend come to town with his boat (WASABI). We fished offshore 300/350 ft range and caught a 123 lb amberjack. Pending for certification of state record. Will try post pictures later.

This is it, right?

http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2010/sep/11/angler-lands-record-amberjack/

Nearly beat the NC record as well. :sunglasses:

“Negative. I’m a meat popsicle!”

thats a beast

That is the girl. I was using a 6 oz diamond jig (not 1.25 anymore) and because of the depth I topped it with a 5 oz egg sinker. It is a single hook model and I had a small squid on the hook. A small corrrection on the newspaper article I am the captain (lic.) and Michael is the owner of the boat. Also, I would like to thank Kevin at Tolers Cove, Mike and Justin at Haddrels Tackle and the people at Mt. Pleasant Seafood. They all went out of their way to help me get this baby on the record book. Good people all around.

nice article in the paper today…good job!

animal cruelty sucks…unless his lip hurts cause there is a 1/0 Owner Aki hook with a chinaback stuck in it

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

maybe you need another correction. YOU ARE NOT THE CAPTAIN OF MY BOAT AND NEVER WILL BE!!!:angry::angry:

I love when someone catches a big fish and others get jealous. Congrats on your record, the rumor mill says that you passed the rod off a couple of times during the fight. I say congrats on a monster AJ.

www.advoutdoors.com

so did he eat the jig or the squid?