10/9 and 10/11 Bottom Fishing (More Pics Added)

Two great days on the water. Tore up the B-liners, Triggers, BSB, Red Porgies, Red Hinds, and caught a nice rudderfish and yellowtail. Misidentified the red hinds as speckled hinds and ended up tossing back at least a dozen on Saturday.

Got caught in some nasty fog Sat morning that made a 10 mile run to the jetties take almost 1 1/2 hrs. Forecast was calling for 3-5 offshore, but it was flat calm… coulda made it in my old 2020.

Left a little later Monday to avoid the fog. The ride out was fantastic, but the ride in was sloppy and painful on the back for me. I was pretty jealous of the crew all cozy in the back on the bean bags…

Had a great crew both days. Thanks to all of you for coming out. Can’t wait to do it again!!

Here’s a pic of some of the fish we caught Monday.

“FLIGHT RISK”
31 Fountain
MMSI: 338097445

Forgot to add we caught a few donkeys including fishbruiser’s impressive 65 #er on a 4500 Baitrunner and 65# trevala rod!!

“FLIGHT RISK”
31 Fountain

That’s a sick AJ!

Hey chris,
had a blast this weekend man! that aj really whooped my butt on that lightweight rod, my heaviest fish to date! Thanx again can’t wait to get back out there and we’ll get bobby to bring some of those magical triggerfish and hind jigs!

and that yellow looking snapper is called a lane snapper, it was delicious.

quote:
Originally posted by fishbruiser

Negative - it’s a yellowtail snapper, Ocyurus chrysurus.

quote:
Originally posted by SublimeOne
quote:
Originally posted by fishbruiser

Negative - it’s a yellowtail snapper, Ocyurus chrysurus.

correct…aka “Flag”

http://www.stellamarisseafood.com/

NMFS = No More Fishing Season

“Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him”

Thanks, again, Chris for the great trip on Monday. I want to thank Fishbruiser for jumping in and saving my BSB…seriously! :slight_smile:

2008 Maycraft 1800

I do what i can, bill. thanks for the correction, knew i shold’nt have taken my friends word for it.

Hey how about helping a brother fisherman out and telling us where you caught that fine bunch of fish, especially that yellowtail? I would love to get out there and come home with half of what you guys got. Thanks!!!

Sea Hunt 220 Triton/ 150 Yamaha

60 miles out! :slight_smile:

2008 Maycraft 1800

Caught most of those about 60 miles east of the jetties. You’re welcome to come join us and see for yourself. Always looking for help in paying the gas bill.

“FLIGHT RISK”
31 Fountain

Thats a nice mess for day two!! Looks like the flash on that camera is better than the one we had on Saturday! Just wondering if they did in fact weight the aj… i guessed it at 75# and the pic says 65#???

Caught one that topped that one yesterday. My buddy Marvin caught a beast on an old rod that looked like it was on its last legs. The old Penn 750SS broke its will and pulled him in for a few pics.

“FLIGHT RISK”
31 Fountain

Is that Emily Pond in your picture by any chance?

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don’t tell them where they know the fish.

• More Maxims of Mark, Johnson, 1927

31’ Contender
Twin 250 HPDIs

Yes. That’s Emily. It was her first trip offshore fishing. She was slaying every toothy critter in the ocean.

“FLIGHT RISK”
31 Fountain

Yes. That’s Emily. It was her first trip offshore fishing. She was slaying every toothy critter in the ocean.

“FLIGHT RISK”
31 Fountain