All Rise Report 20-Nov (pics)

Hooked up with local TV celebrity Sellsfish for some lunker style bottomfishing. Had a great crew including the Judge, Hwilcox, Alex, and some of Hwilcox’s lady friends.

Ride out was beautiful and everyone seemed to enjoy their nap. Started off trolling in hopes for some big boy bottom bait and one of the ever so popular late fall wahoos. First strike was decent wahoo but about 5 mins into the fight I guess he had enough of playing with us and cut the mono leader.

Trolling was pretty slow so we stopped after about 3 hours. We had our bait, time to catch a big boy. Well we made drops from 150 to 300 and hit a bunch of bottom. Did catch a beautiful queen trigger but never could catch a big grouper. We did catch a 6 to 8 foot shark and Sells showed the crew how retrieve the hook with out hurting the shark or losing an arm. The thing was huge I would have let him have the rig but Sells is a pro at this stuff. Thought about coming in shallow for triggers, bsb etc, but stayed deep and kept swinging at the fence. Ended the day hooking what was believed to be another HUGE shark fought him for while and never really gained anything. Made the decision to horse him up knowing we may break him off… and we did. We may still be there chasing him this afternoon if we would not have broken the line. It was BIG fish.

Made a few deep drops and had some luck. Call me or shoot me a PM if you want more details on that. :wink:

Weather and a great crew made it a nice day. The fishing was slow for us.

Sells and Hwilcox, I owe you a better trip!

And remember chew your cheese!:wink:

[IMG]http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g208/scothran/FishingGeorge

Beautiful queen.

…because everything is a conspiracy!!!

Don’t you talk about Sells like that!! :slight_smile:

Russ B.
www.joinrfa.org
God is great, Beer is good, People are crazy

(**(), Paul. You didn’t BS. Gorgeous day on the pond, awesome CAR on the dusky. Sure wish I could have put my knife to that queen.

quote:
Originally posted by Top2Bottom1

Don’t you talk about Sells like that!! :slight_smile:

LMAO!

“Negative. I’m a meat popsicle!”
www.stellaMarisSeafood.com

Slab, we offered the fish to Sells but he decided to go home empty handed. All the fish were cleaned and given to the lady anglers. We will go again soon and try to bring home a larger sum of groceries.

Set the trap boys, we going to pass through them again!!

It was a great trip…but I’ll go again at my first opportunity. Weather was fantastic, company was even better…and we caught fish. Life doesn’t get much better than that.

You’re all celebrities now! Thanks for sharing, Scott.

We spent yesterday morning catching sheeps and BSB at 4KI.

31 Contender
Carolina Skiff J16

That looks like a nice size queen , beautiful.

I DONT HAVE A BOAT
BUT LOVE TO FISH> HINT

That guy in the orange slicks looks a lot like a guy that fishes with me.

One of those guys looks familiar … like I’ve seen him on TV before … hang on, it’ll come to me …

Nice trigger, and it looks like a nice day out on the water.

Scoutin we were trolling in same area as u at the hole and caught a queen trigger that might have been the twin sister of that one in your pics…trolling was slow…

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej

That guy in the orange slicks looks a lot like a guy that fishes with me.

He is a star now and everyone knows Contenders are more sexy than cats. It is an image thing. Don’t take it personally. :smiley:

Fishnbarrels, yea the trolling bite was super slow! I had much higher expections.

ALSO! I forgot to give credit to my boy Jeremy at Atlantic Game and Tackle for jumping through hoops to get my 2 new reels spooled before the trip.

Thanks to Captain Ted on the Big Kahuna for the bottom fish hook up as well. I hope I can return the favor in the near future.

We heard you on the radio with the shark. Probably saw you out there. Which one of the 20 boats were you in?

quote:
Originally posted by ReelyScreemin

We heard you on the radio with the shark. Probably saw you out there. Which one of the 20 boats were you in?

31 Contender Fish around.

What were you in? Sounds like you had a better day with the troll. Good going!

The red and white proline, 24’ The best bite was crack of dawn but had lots of knockdowns until about 930

quote:
Originally posted by ReelyScreemin

The red and white proline, 24’ The best bite was crack of dawn but had lots of knockdowns until about 930

Yep, I saw you guys. Mercury motor correct? The area we passed you seemed to be some of the more lively of the day.

Give me a shout on the radio next time you are out there. Always nice to have fishing buds on the big pond.

quote:
Originally posted by hwilcox

It was a great trip…but I’ll go again at my first opportunity. Weather was fantastic, company was even better…and we caught fish. Life doesn’t get much better than that.

Glad we finally had a good weather day. Now if we could get both the weather AND the fish to cooperate.

I do like your youtube video. Nothing like picking on the high school kids.:smiley:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdGtpafh_O0

Will defiantely give you a shout. That was us, twin 150 mercs.

Scoutin This is what happens when you leave the dock without your mate!!:wink:

" All Rise" 31 Contender

I guess he thought that 2 girls on the boat were enough?