gps/sonar????

im looking into getting a new gps/depthfinder i now have a garmin 498. i just wanted some inputs on what yall think is the best. hummingbird?garmin? which model and how much i would be at looking at spending. thanks for your help…and if it helps i do a lot of bottom bumping so i need something that shows good structure detail.

211 key west 175 suzuki

I bought a Garmin 441S this Summer and have been pretty happy with it. If you can spare it, spring for the bigger screen on the 541S.

How much do you want to spend? Best bang for the buck is Lowrance HDS. Look at the new NSE for probably the best system on the market. Furuno has some now BIG boy bottom machines. I still like the Garmin layout though just because I am most comfortable with it.

Set the trap boys, we going to pass through them again!!

And one more thing. THe new all in one Multifunction units are really nice to overlay radar and gps. Also you can mark a particular rock on the bottom using the cursor in sounder mode. It transfers automatically to your GPS screen.

Set the trap boys, we going to pass through them again!!

They are all good now. Furuno is known for their radar and sounders although Garmin has narrowed the gap.

I have Garman and Lowrance. If you need technical help, Lowrance has been much better for me to deal with, than Garman.