When is this run up over?

It’s been a good fall, and I’m ready to take some profits, BUT I historically try to play the January effect, and take profits next month. Then again there’s the “hogs get slaughtered” perspective.

I’m curious as to what everyone else is doing.

Anyone’s guess at this point. I’ve tried to scale back on riskier investments, but still have some “inflation hedge” type investments on the table (BP, ERF, HGT, SAFM, NE). Not really sure what to expect with all of the money that is being printed, but you would think that it would push the market prices up as the dollar weakens. Also, the last stimulus seemed to have a good effect on the market, and it looks like they are passing a new stimulus, so maybe we will get good ride on it for a while. I think I am about 80% in stocks and 20% in cash right now.

That being said, I’ve trailed the market over the past year (though I am still ahead of the market counting back to the 2007 peak).

Who knows. I had 40% of my stock in Apple. I decided to balance my portfolio earlier in year and sold almost half of thoe shares:frowning_face: I keep counting the $$$ I would have had.

Hunting, fishing, and poker are my sports. Work when necessary.

Yeah and this past year I had MIPS at 4.90 and sold for 6 and thought I was awesome. Its 17 last I checked…
I am happy for my 1.10 and a good night of sleep.

14’ Pamlico 140 Angler w/ rudder
Kayak, SCUBA, or both.

I bought Ford for less than $2, and sold it for more than double what I paid. But today its around $17. I rather it be that way, then get caught in the eventual downturn that takes all the profits.

You did well on Apple, and are still doing fine. Remember, you don’t make a dime until you sell it.

After the run up Monday I looked at my investments and I within about $4k of doubling my investments since spring of either '08 or 09 (I just don’t remember when the low took place, but I do remember the amt). I was amazed, especially since I’m no great investment guru. Basically I have just held positions.

If this is happening to me, then most investors must be having similar results, but I don’t hear any talk about this on any of the financial shows.
I will be spending most of the day trying to move some of my positions into cash. Yeah, I might miss out on continued run up, but I am pleased to be where I am.

Sold a portion of my HERO and LNG holdings. Will buy more on a pullback. Taking profits on FSENX.