anchor trolley: mounted on which side?

I am adding an anchor trolley to my Pro Angler.
which side is preferable for a right handed angler? Or does it matter? I have a fish finder on the left so I was thinking the trolley should also go on the left?
thanks
Bigwoods

Bigwoods

Are you right handed or left handed?

Which hand do you hold the rod with?

Can you jettison the anchor with a float with your other hand if necessary to go for a ride while keeping pressure on the fish?

You don’t want to be switching hands in the middle of the fight. Do some dry runs on land to see which side works best for you.

nothin wrong with one on each side… I have mine on the right on one yak and the left on another… I am amphibious ( i can use either hand :wink: ) so both are easy for me. In a PA it’s gonna take a pretty big fish to pull you around plus you can stand up out of your recliner and put a fight on so having to worry about messin with an anchor while fishin wont be too bad, UCS is right though, do some dry runs and see what is more comfortable for you

“Paddle faster boys… I hear banjo music!”
SC Chapter Coordinator- Heroes on the Water
http://www.HeroesOnTheWater.org
Charleston Director- SCKayakfishing.com
Tarpon 160os

When I rigged my new kayak last month, I wondered about the same question and finally concluded that since I am right handed that I would be throwing either to the front of the kayak or across the kayak to the left side. I also try to fight the fish to the left side so I can use my net with my left hand. Therefore I put the anchor trolly on the right side of the kayak so I won’t have to be concerned about the fish getting fouled in the anchor rope…

“Ranger, Lead The Way”… US Army 2nd Rangers '64-'75

I’m a lefty and have all mine rigged opn the left side.

Plenty of folks out there rog on both. Gives the most flexibility for angle and positioning.

Who’s ready for a sleigh ride?
www.kayakfishsc.com

I rig both sides. Helps with positioning depending on conditions and what direction you want to face.

TimBuck2
Native Watercraft Ultimate 14.5
Wilderness Systems Ride 135

put the brackets on both sides and you can switch it back and fourth. It will cost $5 extra dollars at best.

“The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad.” </font id=“size2”>
Hobie Adventure Kayak </font id=“size2”>
Hobie Pro Angler Kayak </font id=“size2”>
SC Chapter- Heroes on the Water
http://www.HeroesOnTheWater.org
</font id=“size2”>
www.kayakfishsc.com </font id=“size2”>

Never thought I’d see the day when OK finally put a electric motor on a yak. Way way back when in the co’s infancy I put a pair of cut off trolling motors thru each front scupper of a Scupper yak and hooked them to a batt and foot pedals, dang near had the thing on a plane! That was as far as it went at that time tho.
Nice rigging job there, looks good!

Russ B.
www.joinrfa.org
God is great, Beer is good, People are crazy

Thanks guys for the helpful comments. Sounds like a trolley on both sides for me. Flexibility to anchor on either side would be a big advantage.

Bigwoods