Fly Rod repair

I snapped the tip off my 4wt and since I picked it up second hand, Winston wants $250 to repair it. Does anyone know where you can get a tip replaced? The guy here in Greenville has retired and can’t find anyone else local. Thanks.

Don’t think anyone is gonna be able to repair graphite tip, winston would be able to make you a new top half. Your other option is to put a new tip guide on it (very easy to do yourself, just take top half of rod with you, when you buy replacement, to make sure you get correct diameter), but it probably will be better suited with a 5wt line as it will be slightly stiffer.

Newman
www.gtownkingfisher.com

try and get in touch with OC Polk in the Old Village or I can help you track him down…@ the tailrace

www.flyfishingsc.com
www.lowcountryflyshop.com

Ouch! my buddy broke the tip off his 5/6 weight. I got him a new tip-top guide and put a new wrap on for him (matched color great), BUT his rod went from a 9’ 5/6 to an 8.5’ 10wt. casts nice in the surf and around the jettys.

It’s doubtful any one will be able to make a repair, making a sleeve in a tip diameter is a PIMA. Looked into it for my buddy. Chances are rod action would never be the same even with the sleeve.

I get my parts from Mud Hole Custom Tackle in florida (www.mudhole.com)

Yankee sand flea on a Southern beach.
--------------~>*)}}><{
PETA Quote of a Lifetime:
“Your Daddy Kills Animals!
Ask Your Daddy Why He’s Hooked on Killing!”

You probably need a whole new top tip unfortunately. I built a 5 weight rod 10 years ago and then set it down on the neighbor’s porch to go say hi after fishing and came back out ten minutes later to see his 130 pound German Shepard chewing on the rod. Ate right through it just above the cork. My dad and I put a sleeve in it to try and make it fishable. One back cast and you could hear it cracking. Been a wall ornament to this day

There is no normal life, there’s just life.

Tarpon 140

Knot the Reel World Fly Fishing LLC

Not sure which guy you tried and how far down the break is but Lew Hawkins can fix anything and he is in Mauldin. PM me if you need contact.

Haddrell’s Point West Ashley is a factory authorized service station for Shimano, Penn, Daiwa, and Quantum. We offer expert repair service for your equipment. We do rod repair and custom rod work from trout fly rods to 130lb trolling rods. We also repair ABU Garcia, Mitchell, Zebco, Shakespeare, Silstar, and Finor. Click on Repairs at HaddrellsPoint.com for service rates. Or call 843-573-3474 and ask for Benji Griner M-F 8:30AM to 6:00PM.

Shipping Address:
Haddrell’s Point West Ashley Repairs
47 South Windemere Dr.
Charleston, SC 29407

benji.griner@haddrellspoint.com

Rod and Reel Mechanic at Haddrell’s Point Tackle West Ashley, Charleston, SC 29407 843-573-3474