5/7/11 stickboat in 100' of water

stickman, LEG3, crazy Jim and I headed out the Stono Inlet around 7 Sat morning to a foggy start…struggled to find a few hadens in the Folly River…could have been cause we were throwing an 11’ Black Pearl…how chit was that thing a beast…fog cleared a few miles offshore and the seas continued to settle down until by the afternoon run back in it was glass calm…started in 100’ of water at the Black Banks and worked our way back to Charleston 60…ended with 2 triggers, 2 vermillion and another something-I-forget-what-it-is-called-fish in the box…caught and released a couple dozen nice, endangered BSB, biggest was maybe 17" long…saw a good many flyers and sea turtles…good, safe trip with good friends…let’s do it again…surface temp was around 74* in 100’ of water…

bean bags will lull you to sleep every time…

stickman and LEG3 conspiring…

Crazy Jim with one of many BSBs (notice pink bunny feet in the corner)…

I think cuz could get used to this…

game on…

my first ever trigger…

nice BSB cuz…

all 3 of them caught this one…

I hope to be catching 5 fish limits of these soon…

When BSB season opens, those little 2" gulp peeler crabs are the best bait.

Nice photography. Any grouper?

“If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel .” Benjamin Netanyahu

GW 205
F200 Yam

not the first grouper bite…and we really wanted some groupas!!!

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

nice day bonzo. those triggers are killer to eat!

-Wishes Charlotte was 3 hours closer to the ocean…-

quote:
They're a killer to clean also. Does anyone know the secret to filleting those things. The skin is like trying to cut through asphalt.
quote:
Originally posted by RDW
quote:
They're a killer to clean also. Does anyone know the secret to filleting those things. The skin is like trying to cut through asphalt.

found that out the hard way :frowning_face:

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

Aint that the truth! You can take a brand new fillet knife and when you get through four or five of them it wont cut butter!

quote:
Originally posted by RDW
quote:

-Wishes Charlotte was 3 hours closer to the ocean…-

Filet the skin from inside out if that makes sense.

“Modern day Robin Hoodism-Steal from the sucessful and give to the poorly motivated.”

Glad you got out there…always fillet the trigger LAST…:wink:…that pink bunny sure gets around

26’ Twinvee Cat
Twin Suzuki 175’s
www.creeksidemetalworks.com

quote:
Originally posted by Capt Ed

Glad you got out there…always fillet the trigger LAST…:wink:…that pink bunny sure gets around

26’ Twinvee Cat
Twin Suzuki 175’s

Now, Ed, surely you aren't inferring that pink bunny is promiscuious, are you??[:0]

31 Contender
Carolina Skiff J16

quote:
Originally posted by h20gul
quote:
Originally posted by Capt Ed

26’ Twinvee Cat
Twin Suzuki 175’s

Now, Ed, surely you aren't inferring that pink bunny is promiscuious, are you??[:0]

31 Contender
Carolina Skiff J16

wellll…lets just say she is getting some miles on her…:clown_face:

26’ Twinvee Cat
Twin Suzuki 175’s