Upgrading! My Wellcraft project.

Been collecting parts and pieces to upgrade a lot of stuff on my boat to make it more fishable and user friendly. I guess this is more like a “Phin inspired” thread but I’ll be adding pics of my progress.

First thing I wanted to do was upgrade my spreader lights to led’s. Found some direct replacement bulbs on Ebay. The bulbs have 68 led’s each. The bulbs were a little long so I had to fab up some spacers so the bulbs would fit into the fixtures. I just machined the spacers out of uhmw (a type of plastic similar to nylon). No problems. Very bright with low current draw.

Being superstitious is bad luck.

Next step was to upgrade my leaning post to one with a backrest and rod holders. The new leaning post is also bigger and I’ll build a storage box underneath the seat as well. The old leaning post on the left will be for sale probably this afternoon.

SOLD

More pics please!

:smiley:

www.scmarine.org

www.joinrfa.com

Luke 8:22-25

SC,
Where did you get the new leaning post and how much was it if you don’t mind?

You can pm me if you would like.

Thanks

I’ll add more pics as I go. I’m gonna rewire the old factory wiring and add a few more things. Didn’t mean to rip you off Phin but I"ve been planning on this for a while. I just haven’t gotten off my a$$ to do it.

Added a new Fusion radio. Fabbed up a quick bracket.

Hated where the other radio was mounted. It was at my knees.

Moved the new radio up into the center console.

Legs on my T top cracked so had to get it welded and then had fab up some cross braces to stiffen it up. It’s good to be able to make whatever you need.