What size trolling motor?

The family is thinking about getting my father-in-law a trolling motor for his new to him boat. It's a 20' Pathfinder. I've been tasked with doing the research and I don't know jack about what I should get. Can someone tell me what pound thrust he would need at a minimum and possibly what something like this will cost? It will be used strictly for inshore fishing. Mostly in the upper Wando area.

• <<
  • <
  • of 2 pages
What size trolling motor would I need for a Tidewater 180CC ? I'm guessing 80lb thrust, 24 volt and 60" shaft but I'm just guessing.
Thanks ,
Greg

2013 Tidewater 180CC
115 Yamaha
THAT WOULDN'T BE A BAD SET UP , I USE A 55 MINN-KOTA ON MY KEY LARGO 180CC WITH REMOTE CONTROL WITH NO PROBLEMS ; I CAN FISH 2 DAYS BETWEEN CHARGES WITH NO LOSS OF POWER !!!

George McDonald
US Navy Seabees,Retired,
MAD, Charleston Chapter
[http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see "Old Glory" waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero's that makes it wave.
author unknown
Wow, it's been 8 years since I've posted to this forum. Sadly, I'm not any better at fishing lol.

George McDonald
US Navy Seabees,Retired,
MAD, Charleston Chapter
[http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see "Old Glory" waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero's that makes it wave.
author unknownOriginally posted by gail wins

Thanks for the reply !

2013 Tidewater 180CC
115 Yamaha
What size trolling motor would I need for a Tidewater 180CC ? I'm guessing 80lb thrust, 24 volt and 60" shaft but I'm just guessing.
Thanks ,
Greg

2013 Tidewater 180CC
115 YamahaOriginally posted by gregsc

If you brought the boat to us for an install we would sell you an 80# thrust with a 60" shaft I-pilot.

www.teamcharlestonmarine.com
www.bombislandboats.com
IF I RESPOND IN ALL CAPS, ITS NOT ON PURPOSE, AND I AM NOT YELLING
Thanks Chris !

2013 Tidewater 180CC
115 Yamaha

• <<
  • <
  • of 2 pages