Not much luck with this Moon Tide (w/pics)

These extreamly high and low tides and ripping currents has the water very muddy and the redfish Shut down!!..Fished up in the Bushy Park area yesterday evening (Thursday 5-19-11) and only caught a 13 inch Flounder, a 10 inch flounder, a stingray, and a little bitty kitty about 13 inches long…All fish were caught on Mud minnows straight lined w/ a couple of split shot…Water temp was about 77 degrees. Fish were caught on the last hour of outgoing and first couple of hours of incoming!! And of course all fish were released to GROW UP!!
Here are a few pics.

13 inch flounder.

10 inch flounder.

little bitty kitty about 13 inches

I did get to try out my new riptide with i-pilot and man that thing is SWEET!!..I love it…it steers itself with it’s own wireless GPS system and has a spot lock feature that will hold you in place…no need to drop and pull anchor all the time…

And Horry who was looking at me when I got home with this “Hey dude…you went fishing and didn’t take me” look on his face…he had nothing to do with me the rest of the night!!

livin life one day at a time!!!
2006 Seafox172
05 Mercury90hp(saltwater)

Nice fish! My dad and I are trying to figure out Bushy now, because it is a heck of a lot cheaper in gas getting there. We catch most our fish on the incoming tide. Not much luck though with live bait, we use soft plastics and catch flounder and small reds.

I fish live bait all the time…do pretty good there usually…except on these wicked moon tides…Keep trying…you’ll find em!!!..I catch Redfish, trout, flounder, bluefish, ladyfish, blue catfish, and an occasional stingray in the Bushy Park/YellowHouse area all on mud minnow!!

2006 Seafox172

That ipilot is awesome! My buddy has one and it works like a dream! What we use all the time is the electronic anchor and tracing previous tracks. Alot of time, in a crunch for time, he’ll make a pass down a grass line with his outboard…then set the ipilot to trace the track back at any designated speed…and off we go, auto pilot all the way down the grass line! And its always super accurate! Your gonna love that thing!
One thing I would advise, is keep extra sets of batteries for your remote!! One time we were out, and his batteries were dead…basically, we were without a trolling motor! There is no way to manually control it (which IMO is a major con!!)

Thanks for the tip about extra batteries Poker3…I haven’t even thought about that!!..
The i-Pilot is Awesome…I went out yesterday and Never used my anchor…I kept in on about a 3 setting and it lasted all day!!..Kept me in place with no problem…

2006 Seafox172

Saturday…Ashley…8:00 - 12:30…One big Ray…plenty mullet and Hadens…saw man in a pontoon selling bait by landing…saw green shirts checking boats ready to lauch…very thorough