Anybody here ever fished PCB FL

We are headed down to Panama City Beach Florida for a week and dragging the boat

From the reports it sounds like the ARS bite is on fire and kings are doing well

Will be my first trip there and I have been told to go to Half Hitch Tackle and they will point me in the right direction with maps and I also have printed out the public numbers as well

Anyone here ever taken a boat down there or fished those waters, thanks for any help.

Will post some pics when we have a chance

Sea Pro 210cc
Yamaha 200 4 Stroke
Dodge 1500 4x4 HEMI

http://forums.floridasportsman.com/forumdisplay.php?31-Panhandle-Fisihng-Reports

quote:
Originally posted by captain ahab

http://forums.floridasportsman.com/forumdisplay.php?31-Panhandle-Fisihng-Reports

Yea thanks but I go to that site, just wondering if anyone in this area has ever fished there

Also that site has been down for a couple of weeks and all posts were lost so makes it impossible to go back and look at this time last couple of years

Thanks again though

Sea Pro 210cc
Yamaha 200 4 Stroke
Dodge 1500 4x4 HEMI

I fished that way a couple of years ago. My Bro and Sis inlaws retired down in Niceville on the Bay. It amazes me how different the gulf coast is. Beautiful water with very little tide. We caught snake kings on live bait not far off the the beach and trolled ballyhoo out deeper on some ledges and got into the wahoo pretty good. Bro inlaw doesn’t really bottom fish for some reason, but it is some of the best around in that area from what I can tell. The charter boats will be lined up in the morning jigging up bait at the jetties to bottom fish. Be sure to get sabikkis. Take a mask and snorkel if you have one - great fun to snorkel around the jetties. Half Hitch is a very nice takle shop and well worth the visit. We are actually heading down that way in about a week.

Thanks tripletrouble

How far out for wahoo

Sea Pro 210cc
Yamaha 200 4 Stroke
Dodge 1500 4x4 HEMI

I camped at the big camp ground there. If you go to the big jetties at the channel/beach I had multiple hits and my gear wasn’t big enough. Large grouper abound at those rocks. 120# test if you want to have a chance.

Umm, you gonna eat that?

Thousands have died to save my freedom. Only one has died to save my soul!

If the spanish are there you can have all the fun you can handle with those. We were pulling 2 rods with double rigged pompano jig heads only and they were smoking them. We caught 40 that trip just trolling the channel from 1 end to the other of the jetties. Didn’t go much time without hookups.

For all your Life insurance, Medicare, Disability for the Self Employed, Cancer, Dental and Hospital Indemnity needs, call me ASAP for an instant quote on any of these products.

Mike Martinez
803-917-3726

I have a buddy that fishes lives/ fishes panhandle they catch tons of snapper/grouper but they have good #s and lots of practice. But if I caught 1/4 of the bottom fish they do i would be happy. They fish 60# flouro on long leaders.

Heres the deal I worked down at PCB every summer, from 11 years old to 19 years old at Captain Andersons marina. Fishing is decent these days working on head boats all those summers in the 70’s they put a dent in the fishing industry thats for sure.

Half Hitch is the tackle place to go
Angelos for a steak dinner
St Andrews for inshore fishing, Reds, Spanish and the standard fare for inshore.
Jetties are hit and miss Kings and Spanish will run up and down
good spots offshore 15 to 20 miles out, lots of silver snapper and small red snapper, some 12lb grouper mixed in. Many trigger fish as well.
Dan Russelll pier on the miracle mile, the locals are a-holes to newbies, know what you are doing on the pier, cobia,kings,spanish, pompano, and a sailfish cane be had once in a while.
The red rooster for adult fun
Spinnaker for nightlife is okay, lots of eye candy
Not many golf courses, oristo is the best.

The largest employer in town is walmart, PCB never really grew with the times, just alot of Condos. No manufacturing or textile, lots of mom and pops small business. In the winter it’s a ghost town.

We went in may and caught more red snapper then I have seen anywhere and there close to the beach your in 100 foot of water 8 miles off the beach they were Quality fish in the 8 to 15 pound range the seasons in til july 18 i had an old man with me and he lives down there he put us on the fish strong i can hook you up if your interested where are you launching your boat we put in at the state park nice ramp

25 WA grady white twin 200 yamahas"DropNhook"

Well we made it back and had a ball, never did do too well with bottom fishing but we tore the kings up.

We fished 5 days while there, most were 1/2 days due to family time, and the seas were pretty choppy so we stayed within 7-10 miles of land

The best action we had on kings was within a couple miles of land on frozen cigars and duster rigs. We ran two downriggers and couple of lines out the back and actually couple days my “crew”(Bro in law, 2 nephews and my son’s future bro in law) actually was tired of catching fish:smiley::smiley:

Most were released but we did keep a few filets, I have been wanting to smoke some kings for fish dip

I my youngest nephew is 12 and battled sea sickness every trip but would not let us bring him in and actually boated the biggest king of the week, right after chumming :smiley:. He was a trooper

Had one “MISHAP”(I will post pics later) where we had a smaller king that I was going to release and in the ■■■■■ of a second I had a nice treble stinger hook deep in my left arm:frowning_face::frowning_face::frowning_face:

Actually did not realize it was in till bro in law said “Price I you hooked good”:frowning_face:. He held the fish in a death grip so it would not make it any worse and older nephew grabbed pliers and cut the wire leader to keep it from ripping hook out.

Trip to the Dr’ and good looking PA from FSU had to cut it out and honestly no pain at all must few stitches and she fussed at my about my blood pressure:frowning_face:. Got apt with my Dr next week to get on top of that so may have been blessing in disguise

I had 2 first timers (son’s future bro in law and youngest nephew) and all are now hooked on the kings. One reason we never left them as they had a ball

Also caught some bonita, biggest was 10lbs 9oz.

Did actually get one mahi on that was about 12" and saw a sail on the last day but no luck with that one .

Great trip to PCB and not bad results for my first trip in my boat

Sea Pro 210cc
Yamaha 200 4 Stroke
Dodge 1500 4x4 HEMI

Pics as promised :smiley::smiley:

Sea Pro 210cc
Yamaha 200 4 Stroke
Dodge 1500 4x4 HEMI

ouch!!!

definitely get that PB under control…they don’t call it the silent killer for no reason…