Pointers for inshore

I will be traveling to Edisto the 17-24 of July, looking for any pointers you locals can give me. Me and my family come down every year and fish a lot just have never gotten consistent with catching red, flounder or trout. We catch mostly whiting. We’ll be fishing from a 17ft seafox and some john boats.I’ve done a lot of reading and plan on fishing mostly carolina rigs and straight line split shot rigs with live bait on the days we can net enough. will probably try a few popper rigs as well and have some gulp shrimp in new penny and white. I think my fishing plan in the past has been mostly dead shrimp focused with too quick of a retrieve… do you guys really move the carolina rigs or let them sit until you look for a new spot? Any help or pointers are greatly appreciated.

This site is amazing as a few years ago I was on here quite a bit when I lived in Charleston and fished off my 25ft boat. Mostly offshore then and now trying to figure out the inshore stuff.

I really want to catch some reds in the slot this year and it would make my trip to hook a fish over the slot!!

Thanks again for any and all help and tight lines.

Contact Bob Sanders for the latest intel. bob@fishingwithbob.com

2000 SeaPro 180CC w/ Yammy 115 2 stroke
1966 13’ Boston Whaler w/ Merc 25 4 stroke “Flatty”

Sounds like you have a good plan on how to fish. For where: Look for clear water. If it’s muddy around Big Bay, Scott Cr and S. Edisto then go up to Steamboat landing and try N Edisto area. It tends to be less muddy there. Or plan C - go up ■■■■■■■ Cut and try over ICW and Ashepoo R. Otter Is - Coosaw R by Hutchinson Is.

J Ford

http://www.joinrfa.com/

Thanks guys, jford, thanks for the direction we’ll be staying off of Store Creek I think so we’ll be coming out and fishing off St Pierre quickly but will and can run where ever we need to.

Is Fish Creek a good one to check out?

you have a pm

Catfish

dito pm

J Ford

http://www.joinrfa.com/

I was trying to gather some information on fishing Edisto when seeing your post. Coincidently we will be renting on Store Creek also. We will be leaving on Friday the 22nd. I’ve never fished there but if you give me a shout I’ll be glad to let you know what we learned. If you PM me I’ll give you my cell# and we can go from there. If not I hope you fill the coolers.
Fireproofer