Trolling

Anyone done any trolling in the big water lately? Should be about that time. Gonna pull out the d6ownriggers and give it a try tonight.

'07 198 DLX Carolina Skiff
FS90 Suzuki

Been that way for a while. Over a month ago was catching fish @ mouth of Bear on riggers and U Rigs…mostly doubles and limited out , big fish 27". Fish were moving from 50’ to the Saluda, just followed the GPS. Fish on every pass, except the first. Balls set 5’ and 10’ off the bottom.

Way easier @ the towers…Bombers!

Let us know if you need any help … we still owe you a bunch of bait for all the help and advice … :smiley: :smiley:

it’s my Wife’s fault we HAVE to fish now!!!

Thanks, RK. I gave it a shot last night hoping for suspended fish in the deep water, but only got a few short fish. I did see some off the bottom in 55’-65’, but it was after I had put everything up and was just looking around.

Rick, I have my grandsons till about noon tomorrow and we’re gonna fish some live bait in the morning. Have some plans later in the day so it will just be a short trip putting in about 5:30 and off the water by 9am. You guys are welcome if you want to go.

FS90 Suzuki

Well got my first saltwater trip of the year is over, yea wore the kings out in PCB FL, so now back to trolling for stripers on Hartwell

The water should be just about right with these high temps it should have the thermocline set up perfect.

I will probably go out Friday on Hartwell and normally will run two downriggers and either a stretch 30 or some leadcore lines along with downriggers

Sea Pro 210cc
Yamaha 200 4 Stroke
Dodge 1500 4x4 HEMI

Tommy, I have got to talk you into coming to Bradenton Beach and fishing Tampa Bay for snook,reds,trout,kings,gags,permit,Spanish and the list goes on. That’s not even going into the Gulf and there’s bait everywhere. Here’s the view from our door.

I’d rather fish than eat.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

In God We Trust

Nice pictures, guess you saw my picture of my stinger hook in the arm:smiley:

Sea Pro 210cc
Yamaha 200 4 Stroke
Dodge 1500 4x4 HEMI

Man, I miss the Sarasota/ Bradenton area!!! I only lived there for a couple of yrs. Great fishing, salt or fresh.

Bob Van Gundy
Marine Designs,Inc.
Custom Aluminum Fabrication
803-727-4069

Took my two nephews out today for a trolling trip and we struck out on Hartwell.

Not sure what it was because we marked fish and had the lures right where they needed to be and no bites at all.

Also tried a smorgasbord of lures(roadrunners w trailers, jigs w trailers, cisco kids, Manns stretch 25/30’s, Bommber 25’s

Ran two downriggers and even broke out the leadcore lines as well, ran 4 lines most of the morning but NOTHING

Called the dam and no generation today, not sure but that seems to be the ticket

Sea Pro 210cc
Yamaha 200 4 Stroke
Dodge 1500 4x4 HEMI

I got skunked as well trolling Murray last Saturday night, so I gave it a week and tried again last night and managed 3 legit keepers and a 20" trolling the big water …marked fish at various depths, but the one’s I caught were in the 50’-55’ range

FS90 Suzuki