flats part deux

I figured out I suck even worse than what I originally thought. Had numerous opportunites and screwed up every single one of them. Who gives lessons around here on how to catch tailers? It was still one of my best nights out. Saw approx. twelve to fifteen fish and some of them were PIGS!!! The first one I saw came up tailing within the first two minutes in the water. I patiently waited to make the cast, had the fish roll on it then he diappeared. So I thought. Started stripping it back slowing and he submarines on it ten feet off the stick, turned, spooked and threw water on me as he waved good by. I about shat my pants. Then it was all down hill. Shot after shot…blown. Hitting another flat tomorrow morning. I will get this or I’ll take up knitting. Hell, I may suck at that too!

ha the past 3 days have spent probably 10 hours watching the tide come in flood the flat, providing with numerous opportunities, on atleast 50 fish, and caught nothing but a view of a beautiful sunset … to top it off the guy I was fishing with has hooked fish on every occassion, fishing with the same fly … (I tied them both)

New flat this morning…same story. I did break off a pig and my buddy landed his first on the fly. I was just as happy to see him grinning from ear to ear as if I were to have caught the fish. Saw about fifteen this morning on about three different flats. I don’t think I will ever go back to the fresh water again. Good times.

Would be happy to help you in any way that I can but… you are not doing anything wrong. :wink:

I was set to fish the last 4 days. Fished first day and caught fish on a flat that hasn’t produced fish all season. Day two, lightning struck my tree and blew out my and my neighbors computers. Kept me off the water! Almost made me poop my pants. :clown_face:

Day three… fish were eating anything on a string. Hooked ever fish I cast at. Best day this year. Day four, wind switched from South to North. Saw one tail for two seconds. Great day on the water, though.

That’s Charleston fly fishing. I have NO plans to fish with bait. :sunglasses:

Tired of talking about fishing. I’m heading back out…

Reports and pics please…oh and by the way Ty, anytime you are looking for a hitch-hiker shoot me a PM. I have a feeling I will be spending alot of time out there for the rest of the year.

quote:
Originally posted by rookieflyfshr

Reports and pics please…

</font id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”>Is this an audition? Never mind.

Report (8-13-11): It was beautiful out there tonight. Fish everywhere. No one else on the water. Then the bottom busted out. Ummmmm this beer is good. :smiley:

TY…I literaly just busted out laughing. Funny how things are miscontrued by post. I meant…well you know what I meant. I figures you were going to catch a few. No audition required. Now, I have to go get a frosty beverage myself. Glad you had a good night.

When I look at the pics I take, they all look the same and don’t seem to capture or remind me of what I just experienced. Got some on the camera/phone somewhere…I think?