down unda

It’s always a sensory overload, leaving the stark white desolation of the Antarctic and returning to all the colors and smells of NZ.

I don’t know what to say about the fishing other than it was spectacular. We had low, clear water… some willing fish… and one set of superhuman laserbeam eyes that spotted I think every fish in the river.

Of course the first fish I get a shot at is not fond of a big pile of leader/line slamming into the water right over his head. My buddy comes through a couple of pools later with a nearly 8lb specimen to show me how it’s done.

We continued to take turns after that and the fish were cooperating for the most part.

Three BIG browns in this pool…

They were somehow on to us, but the rainbow rising in the tailout was happy to oblige.

This run ended up having three fish in it.

[img]http://i44.ph

Well done sir.

Amazing, amazing.

www.baturinphotography.com

Thanks for ruining what I thought was a good day. LOL. That has to be on of the most beautiful places in the world. My Lord I cannot wait to get down there. Tahr, chamois, and stag are at the top of the list, now throwing the long rod is pulling an incredibly close second. Seriously, thanks Jerms.

www.erycriddlelaw.com

All I can say is WOW! Thanks for letting me live vicariously through you!

“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”
George Orwell

What a great post and beautiful pics. Definately a trip of a lifetime. Amazing. Thanks for sharing. Every fly fishermans dream.

19’ Seapro 150 Yamaha
12’ Hydrocraft 25 Evinrude

I H A T E you…

…but I’ll get over it. Great picture report. Absolutely amazing photography.

“The good fisherman is surprised when he doesn’t catch fish: I am just the other way around.”
Gene Hill, Passing a Good Time.

Thank is amazing. Your post on the drake is even more amazing. Thanks for sharing this great story with us.
Capt. Chris.

1802 Action Craft. 115 yamaha.

Jerms-

This is just about the best fly fishing report/pics/story I’ve ever seen on this board. There are no words… Ridiculously cool, thanks a million for posting that. Wow.

Wow, wow, wow…

Best CF.com post of the year. and its Dec 20th…

Thanks Jeremy. Safe travels…

2000 SeaPro 180CC w/ Yammy 115 2 stroke
1966 13’ Boston Whaler w/ Merc 25 4 stroke “Flatty”
www.sswaonline.com

Truely awesome.

meh, I’ve seen better.

in awe— pumped—grateful—wishful thinking–now f@cking pissed

Save the DRAMA for your Mama!!!

This word is used too much, but applies here: Epic.

Reminds me of some springtime backpack trips I’ve taken out West. Thanks for the wintertime reminder.

Poopy I wanna go there.

You don’t even know how much I want to go there. Do you have any pictures of Antarctica? I think it would be cool to see.

Gorgeous stuff.

17’ Henry O Hornet
26’ Palmer Scott

Amazing Pictures! Good work on the fish too!

Eat-Sleep-Fish

Thanks fellas. NZ is an incredible place!

A long long slow walk in the spartina gives you time to think big thoughts and put your mind back into order.

• Flatscaster
quote:
Originally posted by SC2079BS

I H A T E you…

I couldn’t of said it better! Never met you but I cant stand you already!

Jeremy

i cant even look at you im so jealous…glad to see your well brudda!

www.lowcountryflyshop.com