FIDDLERS

I found a ton of them today, good news, should see some tailers soon … maybe already on the right flat, once the water starts to get high enough

Bragging may not bring happiness,
but no man having caught a large fish,
goes home through the alley.
-Anonymous

Do ya’ll ever use fiddlers when fishing for reds?

I haven’t, I have heard of people using them for reds since they obviously eat them on the flats, I use a crab-like fly on the flats. Also have hooked black drum when fishing for sheepshead. I could of picked up 10 pints yesterday

-Anonymous

i heard that you can pitch them to reds on the flats on a small hook and spit shot rig. i also read somewhere that you can fish fiddlers on docks and bridges on jigheads or smaller hooks with little weight for reds.

There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the mud minnow.

I’ve heard of people using them for baits but everything else (mm, cut crab, shrimp, cut mullet etc.) are easier to see and have a stronger smell.

So none of ya’ll have caught spottail at the jetties using fiddlers fishing for sheephead…I have. Don’t rely solely on them though

I saw three reds tailing on Thursday on the Wando. I tried forever to get a photo but they just wouldn’t stay up long enough. I was quite surprised to see them tailing this early.

“The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad.” </font id=“size2”>
“Go Big or Go Home!” </font id=“size2”>

Lost@Sea, you feel how warm it is outside haha

-Anonymous

I use them…hook a couple on there so it looks likes fiddler buffet…also like to use hermit crabs when I’m out pulling crab pots with my daddy and we stop for a few minutes…

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

Don’t them hermits have big/strong claws … resemble a stone crab, when I have seen them before …

-Anonymous

This isn’t pretty…but I bust the shell over they have crawled into and hang them on the hook…they look like a crab with a big fat snail body…reds love them!

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16