navionics phone app

I have noticed alot of places on this app that people have marked and put information down. Like “striper hump”, “stripers under dock light”, etc. I assume these are on there because someone “registered” their app.

Am I correct in Assuming as long as i dont register my app my spots i mark do not go out to the general public? I like playing with this app at home then going go the spots and seeing how they fish.

“Sea~N~Stripes”
21’ Hewes Craft Custom
115 Evinrude

Chip,
I have had the app for a year or so and have never seen any other way points? What version are you using…iPhone or Droid?

Richy

“My biggest worry is that my wife (when I’m dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.”

Droid. There are not a ton of them, but enough in places i have fished to consider them to be half way accurate. Its just enough to make you think twice before marking spots on there. You do have to zoom way in to see them marked though.

“Sea~N~Stripes”
21’ Hewes Craft Custom
115 Evinrude

I have the paid iPhone version…guess thats the difference…it is a good app though. I have had some issues lately where my HDS does not pick up the satelites and this app works great for a backp up.

“My biggest worry is that my wife (when I’m dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.”

I have been wanting a nav chip for my hds but can’t come off the $100+. The app on the droid wasn’t but 10$ and seems to be just as accurate so far. I can use the phone to look at different areas then “mark” them on the unit.

Turned the phone on “airplane” mode the other day to see if it would still work as good w/o a phone signal and it does. will be good to have as a back up offshore for sure.

“Sea~N~Stripes”
21’ Hewes Craft Custom
115 Evinrude

The Garmin app for the IPad is awesome. Costs $29.95, but functions exactly like their touch screen units.

What Garmin Ipad App are you using?