Side Image or Down Image

anyone using either of these? I was looking at humninbird and lowrance. would love to hear if they work.
Replies

• >
  • >>
  • of 2 pages
Bird HD DI...love it!

Ankona Native SUV 17
Tohatsu 30
I have DI, my friend has SI.
I'm thinking now that I may upgrade to SI.
I installed a Humminbird SI of a friends boat last fall and have fished with it a few times. It is awesome! I have a Humminbird DI on my boat and it is great also.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Cracker Built Custom Boats
Small craft surveying and repair
The beauty of SI is being able to "see stuff" that is not under the boat. You can cover more area with a single pass.
If I had it to do over again, I would buy the 598 hummingbird instead of the 597.
I guess though your original question was "would they work"
Yes they do. The detail of the side image or down image is incredibly percise. We have dove on offshore structure that we passed over with the DI turned on and it is incredible how accurate the image is.
Hope this helps.
After talking with a few reps from bass pro, i found one that had been offshore with both brands. He sold me on the Lowrance hds10 gen 2. More powerfull sonar which he says is needed in saltwater plus a few features. The huminbird seems more suited for fresh water when you compare the maps included, power...
Can't wait to try...
Who you gonna believe, a Bass Pro sales rep or 4 of us who have used them?

More powerfull sonar which he says is needed in saltwater plus a few features. The huminbird seems more suited for fresh water when you compare the maps included, power...

My BS detector is going off bigsmile I've used my Humminbird in 3000'. How deep do you plan to fish?

Capt. Larry Teuton
Cracker Built Custom Boats
Small craft surveying and repair
Originally posted by RDW

If I had it to do over again, I would buy the 598 hummingbird instead of the 597.

Agree...I just couldn't pass up the "deal" I got on my 597.

Ankona Native SUV 17
Tohatsu 30
The used boat that I just bought came with a 998c SI. It's the first Humminbird unit that I have ever owned and I have a lot to learn about it. Been doing some reading on THT about different units and those folks over there don't mention Humminbird much at all. But I've got it, so I'm gonna learn to use it. But, if I did not have it and if I had $2000+ to spend on a new unit, I would probably be looking at a Lowrance just because I've owned their basic units before. I'm sure, though, that I will be really satisfied with my Humminbird once I learn to use it.

Ranger Bay 2000
Yamaha F150

Molon Labe!

Until you have loved a dog, part of your soul remains unawakened. - Anatole France (paraphrased)

RIP my Puppy Dog 10/15/2004 - 1/14/2013
This will be my next one!

http://www.simrad-yachting.com/en-US/Support/How-To-Videos/

NN

07 23 Key West Twin 115 Yammys

www.joinrfa.org/
Cracker, they will all go in deep water but the HD down imaging is very power dependant. They are saying the images you typically see in demos are all in fresh water. The Lowrance is 20k w verses 8k on the Hum. and provides decent images of DI to 150' saltwater.

Just what I heard. I understand the factory reps for both companys have given demos to them. Sure wish I knew everything without any doubts !

• >
  • >>
  • of 2 pages