Boat Cover

I am thinking of getting a metal carport to cover the boat. The leaves and water are driving me crazy. I have a cloth cover and it has been great for 10 years,I will still throw that one to help with extra pollen and dust. Just wanted to know if any one has had one of these or might know someone who installs them. I have a 1720 Key West. Thanks for any insight that ya’ll might have.

My dad had one for years in the backyard for his little boat, worked great.

Ace Hardware in Ravenel (17 and 165) is where he got his, I think close to $600 installed, but that was 10 years ago now. You can find them on craigslist sometimes for half of retail price. Just a thought.

www.baturinphotography.com

There is a place on Rivers across from Chas.Marine that sells carports and sheda,there are also a couple of places in Summerville and out here in Walterboro.Wiggins and Carter Robins is in Walterboro.

Double D.

We have a backyard “pavilion”, which is my wife’s fancy name for our boat shed/barn. It has two boats, kayaks, and a car in it, plus lawn equipment. Open front with solid back wall and lattice side walls, tin roof. Cheap to build. Works great.

We have a 18x32. That is I think 16 feet at the peak. Got it tall enough to fit the seahunt with the t too under but it’s also big enough to for the little boat and other stuff as well. We brought the sides down oly half way on three sides and it keeps out the rain while letting light and leaving the bottom open so we can take a lower under there to blow trash out. We ran cement back to and nder ours and love it . Nothing like cleaning the boat under there after a day fishng when it is smoking hot outside. Pull the wot out and you have a party area…there’s rumor a. NHC of hoodlams plan to camp in my yard under it soon…hahha. We have had ours a few years now. Place n rivers avenue did it. We paid a little extra and got the extra support /stability system for high winds…it’s been great. Will find a pic to post.

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

Thanks, I am going to look around for a while and price them. I would love to have a concrete pad like yours Penny but that may be a lil out of my budget. The last time I priced concrete it was fairly high, of course that was when the new bridge was being built.
The best way to go might be just wait till I saved enough to have both done .

Carport.com as low as $600, i bet the same mexicans come out to put it up as anywhere else. Great for oyster roasts too.

quote:
Originally posted by sophish

Thanks, I am going to look around for a while and price them. I would love to have a concrete pad like yours Penny but that may be a lil out of my budget. The last time I priced concrete it was fairly high, of course that was when the new bridge was being built.
The best way to go might be just wait till I saved enough to have both done .

you are right about the expense of concrete! would love to have our patio added on and driveway redone…but cant right now. you could maybe do a rock area…even if you leave it as dirt/grass…your boat will be out of the sun and weather…and as they said…makes for a good cookout area in a pinch:smiley:

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

clutter in the front …oops…we were working in the yard the day before. brought the sides down enough to keep rain from blowing in…but still allow light and air in…

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16