never have had tiis happen!

Just got back from my boat shed changing my battery charger! when I crawled over the side to get in the boat a large black snake came jumping up out of my bait tank and over the side, scared the “S” out of me, hope he hasn’t found a new home or has a mate! I don’t mind snakes in my barn but not in my boat! Found a water snake one morning in my bassboat live well at Santee after leaveing it in all night, never do that again.

Better you than me!

Found a garter snake on my boat back in early December. Guess it was looking for somewhere to hibernate. I had been smelling something like a fart onboard while I was fishing alone the day before and didn’t know what it was. I was not flatulent. While I was changing my trailer lights out to LEDS, the smell came about again. I stood up after crimping and heat shrinking the wires, and there it was on the starboard corner of my transom. I later read that garters will emit a foul odor when threatened.:smiley:

Xpress HB-22
175 Yammy Jammer

I also found a little water snake in my aluminum boat as Kelsey and I were fishing in my pond Mothers Day. They may not be venomous but that don’t mean they won’t bite ya…lol

Team Shad Up & Fish

If you’ve had fun catching fish on the transom bait, you are welcome…

I’ve spent about 85% of my life’s wages on fishing, the rest I just wasted…

quote:
Originally posted by Fogman

Found a garter snake on my boat back in early December. Guess it was looking for somewhere to hibernate. I had been smelling something like a fart onboard while I was fishing alone the day before and didn’t know what it was. I was not flatulent. While I was changing my trailer lights out to LEDS, the smell came about again. I stood up after crimping and heat shrinking the wires, and there it was on the starboard corner of my transom. I later read that garters will emit a foul odor when threatened.:smiley:

Xpress HB-22
175 Yammy Jammer

Your name is Fogman… I’d say that indicates someone who is flatulent on the regular.:smiley:

quote:
Originally posted by Fogman

Xpress HB-22
175 Yammy Jammer

I’ll have to remember that one. Blaming the dog is getting kind of old.

“Honey, I swear that wasn’t me…we must have a garter snake in the house!”

'07 198 DLX Carolina Skiff
FS90 Suzuki

quote:
Originally posted by ratherbefishn

Your name is Fogman… I’d say that indicates someone who is flatulent on the regular.:smiley:

Yep, you can smell him coming before you even see him:dizzy_face:

Wellcraft V-20 sportfish with a 200 Evinrude

Like everyone else, I can be very flatulent at times; however, that was not the case that day and that’s not how I came by my handle. When I joined MSC, I missed a winning weigh-in due to losing my way in dense fog. James Cassell gave me that handle and it stuck all these years.

Xpress HB-22
175 Yammy Jammer

Running offshore one day I stopped in the jetties to pee and grab a drink. While I at the transom something caught my eye. A large green snake was coming in the splashwell. We hammered down and out he went. Weird seeing a snake out in the channel.

Wellcraft V20, 175 Yamaha
Formula 25 SC Express, Mercruiser 260