Got2Go 5/14/13 Bottomed Out

What makes a good trip “successful”? For me, it’s God willing it to happen, hard work, a good crew, and for everyone to come back home safely. That said, yesterday was a success. Derek and I left the hill in the 'ol Got2Go around 8:30am. The plan was to ease on out to play with some AJs, then bottom fish, and then troll until dark. The ride out was wet to say the least, but we made it out slowly. Played with the big AJs, some pushing 40#s or so, until our arms were wore out. Caught ‘em on everything, but topwater as the whitecaps may have had something to do with that. Off to deeper waters as phase 1 of our plan was under way. Next stop, bottom fishing. It took a few minutes to scout out the area, but before long the HDS was lit up and fat, red footballs came over the rail. Before you know it, 2 hrs had passed and we were thinking about going for phase 3 of our plan, but we had a problem. No room in the coolers or fish boxes and our ice supply was low. So, we reluctantly bottom fished some more and scouted some areas rather than trolling. Ended up riding back in on a flat, dark ocean. Highlight of the day, was dropping down a live bait and getting it crushed by a big gag, only to have a bull shark chomp it 20’ under the boat. D, thanks again for going and next time you get to clean the boat and fish!

In the box
2 fat limits of: b-liners and pinkies
2 scamps
1 gag
21 fat triggers
Grunts and AJs

“The problem that infuriates you the most is the one you are meant to solve.”

Yeah i put way to much pressure on myself to actually get fish,its starting to take its toll on the enjoyment factor…

sounds like a fun day was had…congrats

quote:
What makes a good trip "successful"?

For me, nobody gets hurt and the boat don’t break. Anything else is gravy:smiley:

Nice report:smiley:

Capt. Larry Teuton
Cracker Built Custom Boats
Small craft surveying and repair

Very nice. Thanks for the report. At what depth did you catch the triggers? Ever since I made Bugcatcher’s ‘trigger burger’ recipe, my wife keeps asking me to bring home some triggerfish, but we haven’t caught many lately. If you haven’t tried the recipe, you can find it using the link below. Top notch…

http://old.charlestonfishing.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=87852

Hey Got to go glad you made it out and back safely. We got into some mahi in 190-200 ft. of H2O on a little weed line. it did get a little rough late but all in all a good day! catch um up…Mike

We had an awesome day yesterday. Good company and some darn good fishin.

Stud gag got sniped by mr sharky

playin with some fiesty aj’s. looked over the side at one point and there were literally 30 staring right back at me. this was my personal best fish. thanks for putting me on it andy

this is what it’s all about… sunset on the ocean, nature is amazing

“mr keys”

Solid stuff Andy. I’m glad to see you are getting some blood on the deck of the Got2Go. Crazy schedule here but lets fish soon.

26 Seahunt
Angler’s Dream