For you Non-Spurrier fans.....

I realize he rubs some people the wrong way, but what he’s done for South Carolina is undeniable. Even Salty would have to agree that he’s been an incredible asset to the program.

Just a few stats:

http://www.gamecocksonline.com/sports/m-footbl/top10program.html

Back-to-back Top-10 finishes in the Associated Press poll - first in school history.11-win season in 2012, matching the 2011 season for the most wins in school history.

Most wins in two- (22), three- (31) and four- (38) consecutive seasons in school history.

Tied for the eighth-most wins in the country (31) over the past three years.

Own the 11th-best winning percentage in the country over the past three years.

One of only six programs with 11+ win seasons in each of the last two years.

Posted the highest finish ever in the national polls in 2012 - eighth in the AP and seventh in the coaches poll.

Back-to-back bowl wins for the first time since the 2000-2001 seasons.

Wins over Georgia (3), Tennessee (3), Clemson (3), Florida (2), Alabama (1), Nebraska (1) and Michigan (1) over the past three seasons.

Tied for the fifth-longest current streak of being ranked in the AP Top-25.

14-2 record against SEC Eastern Division opponents over the last three years.

19-2 record at Williams-Brice Stadium over the last three years.
14-1 in the last 15 games against non-conference opponents.

Represented by a first-team All-American in each of the past four seasons including a consensus first-team All-American in each of the past two years.

Finished the season with five consecutive wins - the most heading into an offseason in school history.

Over 15,000 Gamecock Club members for the first time in school history.

Gamecocks have given over $100 million in the last three years in support of student-athlete scholarships and athletics facilities.

Averaged 80,000 fans per game at Williams-Brice Stadium in 2012.

Posted a cumulative fall GPA of 2.908, the highest on record.

www.baturinphot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgyal3JQeFw

Mark
Pioneer 222 Sportfish Yamaha F300
Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn’t go so far as to call a dog filthy but they’re definitely dirty. But, a dog’s got personality. Personality goes a long way.

“Life’s tough…It’s even tougher if you’re stupid” John Wayne

68.9% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

www.baturinphotography.com

quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish

68.9% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Congrats playing good football for 7% of the program’s entire history.

Mark
Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn’t go so far as to call a dog filthy but they’re definitely dirty. But, a dog’s got personality. Personality goes a long way.

Congrats on living up to 70% of your program’s potential.

70% is 10X better than 7% of the time you’ve been playing.

Ebb and flow Ricky, the tide will turn on the little win streak. BTW what were the final records of both teams? Is that a reflection of Sakkerliner playing to 70% of their potential too?

Again, let me know when that win streak gets to 2556 days, forgot the leap year last time I posted that number.

Mark

My favorite southern word is “ustacould”

Hey Dabo, can you beat The Gamecocks?

“Well we ustacould”

Without a doubt the best football coach Carolina has ever had!

He did a good job at FL too. As a DAWG fan I dont like him. But I have to give the man credit for being an outstanding coach.

• I’d rather be a free man in my grave than living as a puppet or a slave.

He hasn’t went 0-12 or lost to the citadel so he’s def not the worst

He hasn’t went 0-12 or lost to the citadel so he’s def not the worst

Do Clemson fans really think they have a shot against being five bombed for 365 days…?Also…right now…who would you rather be…?? A contender in the #1 football conference with the best player in the land or a team led by a guy named Dabo in a conference that is the butt of jokes…??.. You guys have your corrupt past …but the Gamecocks have the present and future that is envied by all schools in the Carolinas.

quote:
Originally posted by Redstripe

Do Clemson fans really think they have a shot against being five bombed for 365 days…?Also…right now…who would you rather be…?? A contender in the #1 football conference with the best player in the land or a team led by a guy named Dabo in a conference that is the butt of jokes…??.. You guys have your corrupt past …but the Gamecocks have the present and future that is envied by all schools in the Carolinas.

It’s late in the day but thanks, I needed that laugh. New money.

Mark

First let me say that I am a TN Alum and have had my heart broken by Spurrier more than once. 1999 five sack game by Alex Brown to beat #2 ranked TN was top of the list because we had a better team that year than the 98 National Championship team. Regardless of all the heart aches he has inflicted on me I like that he speaks his mind and doesn’t give the typical “coach speak”. Specifically, I appreciate that he has been outspoken about the injustice that exists with the NCAA and not being able to pay players. But that is another topic for another day. Nobody can argue the man knows how to coach and it’s important to give credit where it is due.
I’d also like to say that I have a strong respect for SC fans. I’ve been to Columbia to watch UT win several times and it is a great atmosphere there. Even when SC sucked the fans were there supporting their team. I live in Nashville literally a stones throw from Vandy and there was an article in today’s paper about how Vandy couldn’t even sell as many season tickets as they did last year after coming off their first 9 win season since 1915 and back to back bowl games. They are the worst fan base in the country hands down! But being raised around them in Nashville, it makes me appreciate the SC fans more.
All teams go through ups and downs just like what has happened to Tennessee over the past few years but you have to be able to stick by your team no matter what. Maybe SC fans have blind loyalty and have lucked into a good coach and are not riding the wave of success. Or maybe Clemson fans claim they are better fans because they stick by their team through year after painful year of being mediocre and sucking off the hind tit that is the ACC. One thing we can all agree on is that it’s always a ton better when football season is upon us!
GO VOLS!

10 A C sucks.

Mark

How did your last encounter with that mediocre team turn out for you?

[quote]I realize he rubs some people the wrong way, but what he’s done for South Carolina is undeniable. Even Salty would have to agree that he’s been an incredible asset to the program.

Just a few stats:

http://www.gamecocksonline.com/sports/m-footbl/top10program.html

Back-to-back Top-10 finishes in the Associated Press poll - first in school history.11-win season in 2012, matching the 2011 season for the most wins in school history.

Most wins in two- (22), three- (31) and four- (38) consecutive seasons in school history.

Tied for the eighth-most wins in the country (31) over the past three years.

Own the 11th-best winning percentage in the country over the past three years.

One of only six programs with 11+ win seasons in each of the last two years.

Posted the highest finish ever in the national polls in 2012 - eighth in the AP and seventh in the coaches poll.

Back-to-back bowl wins for the first time since the 2000-2001 seasons.

Wins over Georgia (3), Tennessee (3), Clemson (3), Florida (2), Alabama (1), Nebraska (1) and Michigan (1) over the past three seasons.

Tied for the fifth-longest current streak of being ranked in the AP Top-25.

14-2 record against SEC Eastern Division opponents over the last three years.

19-2 record at Williams-Brice Stadium over the last three years.
14-1 in the last 15 games against non-conference opponents.

Represented by a first-team All-American in each of the past four seasons including a consensus first-team All-American in each of the past two years.

Finished the season with five consecutive wins - the most heading into an offseason in school history.

Over 15,000 Gamecock Club members for the first time in school history.

Gamecocks have given over $100 million in the last three years in support of student-athlete scholarships and athletics facilities.

Averaged 80,000 fans per game at Williams-Brice Stadium in 2012.

Posted a cumulative fall GPA of 2.908, the highest on record.

New format almost removed the good stuff!

Cocks ustacould beat Clemson, now, they couldn’t beat themselves out of a wet paper bag…

This post was started 10lbs, two boats, one dog, and a wife ago…it don’t count.

“Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality.” --Peepod 07-25-2017

But yeah, this was a good one.

People forget that we went 33-6 under Spurrier in a stretch. I do miss that.

“Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality.” --Peepod 07-25-2017